Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro dependencies

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by kleber-silva, Jul 13, 2018.

1. kleber-silva

kleber-silva

Hi there!

With the new (2018.2.0) package manager is now possible to disable built-in packages you really don't need and help improve performance and build size.

I'm creating a game that doesn't use Physics nor IMGUI (due to a very restricted build target) and I'm trying to remove them from the dependencies but it seems that TextMesh Pro depends on them.

Is that a way I can remove those dependencies? I'm using TextMesh Pro as a package as well.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

TextMesh Pro does have a dependency on the Canvas system / UGUI which in turn has a dependency on Physics for the Raycasting.

Short term there is no easy solution to get around this but this is something that I most certainly want to remedy going forward.