Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro dependencies

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by kleber-silva, Jul 13, 2018.

1. kleber-silva

kleber-silva

Hi there!

With the new (2018.2.0) package manager is now possible to disable built-in packages you really don't need and help improve performance and build size.

I'm creating a game that doesn't use Physics nor IMGUI (due to a very restricted build target) and I'm trying to remove them from the dependencies but it seems that TextMesh Pro depends on them.

Is that a way I can remove those dependencies? I'm using TextMesh Pro as a package as well.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

TextMesh Pro does have a dependency on the Canvas system / UGUI which in turn has a dependency on Physics for the Raycasting.

Short term there is no easy solution to get around this but this is something that I most certainly want to remedy going forward.

kleber-silva likes this.