Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TextMesh Pro + CurvedUI issue with moving fallback fonts

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Inobinky, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Inobinky

Inobinky

I've stumbled upon a problem I couldn't seem to fix yet.

In my scene I have some TMP text objects in a curved VR menu (with the CurvedUI asset) that contain both Russian and ASCII characters. For the Russian characters I use the standard LiberationSans font that's imported with TextMesh Pro. For the ASCII characters I use Montserrat, which this is the standard font of the TextMeshProUGUI component: i.imgur.com/e3zfHT1.png.
    The Russian characters seem to glitch out when I'm moving them using the Vector3.Lerp function (video).
    Now when I switch Montserrat to LiberationSans in the TextMeshProUGUI component, the Russian characters stay in their place but the ASCII characters glitch out. So it only happens with fallback fonts.
    And it only happens when I enable "Is Using Legacy Animation Component" in the TextMeshProUGUI component. But without that enabled, the fallback font characters look like this (in this case the Russian/LiberationSans text).

The settings of the TextMeshProUGUI component.
    The TMP settings.
    TMP version: 1.0.56.0b2
    Unity version: 2017.1.0f3
    CurvedUI version: 2.4

Any tips on how this can be fixed? Let me know if you need any additional information on this.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I would suggest reaching out to the author of CurvedUI as this might be related to how the geometry is being modified.

He has been extremely responsive in the past. He can most certainly reach out to me as he has done in the past if he needs my assistance.

3. Inobinky

Inobinky

Thanks for the suggestion. I contacted him and he send me a temporary fix (see the attachment). Just overwrite that script with the current one in CurvedUI/Scripts/Experimental.

Attached Files: