Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Textfield cursor disappearing when interface scale less than 1

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by crudeMe, Sep 15, 2022.

1. crudeMe

crudeMe

Unity 2021.1.21f1, UIToolkit 1.0.0-preview.17
    Panel Settings Scale Mode = Constant Pixel Size

Hello,

For some reasons I need to change Interface scale (Panel settings scale). When it's less than 1, say 0.86, textfield cursor (caret) might disappear at some position and then reappear when I change it's position using arrows or mouse pointer. I do understand it's because of scaling. Also I use this hack to schedule caret opacity changes, so it would blink.

Is it expected behaviour
    ?

Is there anything I could do to make it always visible when textfield cursor opacity is 1? Maybe I can style it width or something?

2. HugoBD-Unity

HugoBD-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @crudeMe!

This is a known issue that is fixed in 2023.1 and is in "landing pattern" for 2022.2 and 2022.1. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are no more Package Releases planned. You'll likely need to upgrade to a more recent version of Unity to access this fix.

FYI, this issue was also discussed in this forum thread and other issues are currently being backported.

crudeMe likes this.