Search Unity

Question Text (TextMesh Pro) showing as blocks of white on mobile only

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by thedanives, Dec 8, 2022.

1. thedanives

thedanives

Hi - I've made a game and used a custom font for the text (Grobold). I've used TextMesh Pro and used the Font Asset Creator to make the font. Everything seemed fine, and it works perfectly on desktop - however as soon as it's looked at on mobile, the text turns into "blocks".

I've messed around with various settings, but nothing I'm doing seems to actually fix this problem. I've tried the atlas generation as dynamic and static, re-rendered it at different resolutions (I currently have it as 64/8192).

I'm just really confused as to why it's fine on desktop but not on mobile. Has anyone seen similar issues?

Thanks,

Dan

2. Shaurizo

Shaurizo

Is this happening on Android or iOS or both?

Solid white blocks suggest that the font atlas texture isn't being loaded.

If the problem is occurring only on Android, I have read in other threads on this forum that you need to make sure 'Split binary' is unchecked in the player settings for Android. For eg, see some posts about this in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/text-not-show-on-android-device.468079/

3. thedanives

thedanives

Sorry I should have said, it's a WebGL game so I don't have any Android/iOS settings set up - it's like this in the browser

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Some platforms have limitations on texture sizes. The issues could also be related to using non square texture... ie. 64 / 8192.

Texture compression could also be an issue.

Just for testing purposes, see if using a Dynamic font asset of size 1024 x 1024 with Multi Atlas Texture enabled works in your case.