Search Unity

Resolved Text shows up as black color in editor

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by toomasio, Jan 27, 2021.

1. toomasio

toomasio

I re-imported assets. deleted library folder completely and restarted. still getting same issue. I can change the color of the text in the UIBuilder but it does not reflect in the editor.

also getting these yellow errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Material/Select Material' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.SelectMaterial' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Material/Copy Material Properties' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.CopyMaterialProperties' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Material/Paste Material Properties' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.PasteMaterialProperties' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Texture/Copy' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.CopyTexture' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Material/Copy Atlas' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.CopyAtlas' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Material/Paste Atlas' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.PasteAtlas' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot add menu item 'CONTEXT/Material/Reset' for method 'TextCoreContextMenuItems.ResetSettings' because a menu item with the same name already exists.
    I also have the DOTS packages installed. Any ideas what is happening?

2. toomasio

toomasio

Screenshot 2020-11-19 123530.png
    This fixed this for now. I guess the values of the elements change based on what theme you choose....interesting.

SimonDufour likes this.
  3. SimonDufour

SimonDufour

Unity Technologies

Yes, the runtime theme is much more streamlined so that the build are smaller by default.

Regarding the error with textCore: there has been a lot of changes recently as textCore is getting migrated into unity (not just in a package). They are happening when we replace the build in textCore assembly with the one use by the package. It is currently being resolved but there is no side effect to these errors.

toomasio likes this.