Search Unity

Text Mesh Pro Upgrade

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by travispettry, Mar 19, 2019.

1. travispettry

travispettry

Hi All,

I was unity 2017.4.17 but I have now upgraded to unity 2018.3. As part of this upgrade I need to switch out Text Mesh Pro (TMP). I have gotten rid of the old version of TMP and have imported all of the items for the new version of TMP. When I go to remap the GUIDs I cannot, when I hit the scan button I get the following error:

"In menu options "Edit -Project Settings - Editor", please change Asset Serialization Mode to ForceText and Source Control Mode to Visible Meta Files.

The only problem with this is, I cannot change these items because I am using Unity Collaborate. When you use Unity Collaborate those drop downs are disabled. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thank you,
    Travis Pettry

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

See the following sticky post / thread which outline the upgrade procedure.

In terms of changing Asset Serialization Mode, this is outlined in Step 2 and should be done on the backup prior to opening Unity 2018.3.

With regards to Collaborate, you should be able to disable it to simply change the Asset Serialization Mode and Visiable Meta Data. Once you have done so, re-enable Collaborate.

3. travispettry

travispettry

I was able to disable collaborate via the services window. However, every time I try to change Hidden Metadata to visible metadata Unity 2018.3 crashes.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Make these changes in the previous version of Unity using the a backup of the project. This is important due to a chance related to Prefabs in 2018.3. So if you were using Unity 2017.4, then make the changes there and then re-enable Collaborate and migrate to 2018.3.

5. travispettry

travispettry