Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Text Mesh Pro text position not following parent transform

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by rbeldessi, Aug 26, 2019.

1. rbeldessi

rbeldessi

Hi, I'm having a problem where most of the glyphs in the text of my Text Mesh Pro components (not TMProUGUI) aren't translating based on their parent's position correctly and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm wondering if maybe anyone has any insight.

Basically I generate a bunch of text bubbles at runtime that contain a sprite background, and a Text Mesh Pro component. After creating my first set of text bubbles most of the glyphs don't follow their parent game object anymore. It's important to note that the ! and ' are all generated by the same Text Mesh Pro component so it's even more baffling that they manage to move correctly while all the letters stay behind.

If I toggle the Text Mesh Pro component off and on then the positions reset to the correct place.

To update the position of the text bubbles all I'm doing is setting the parent's transform to be equal to the player's position + a static offset.

text_align.gif

2. chaklim

chaklim

how to slove it, i got a problem similar like you, my text mesh object will change parent automatically, when its parent detach from other object

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Any chance you could provide me with some simple Repro project of this?