Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Text Mesh Pro isn't working on a VR project

Discussion in 'VR' started by BJump, Apr 30, 2023.

1. BJump

BJump

I'm pretty new to unity and VR development, I'm following the code with VR pathway. everything has been going great through the setup of the VR Room space and I haven't had any issues with anything thus far. I've gotten to the point where we add in the UI windows, added the canvas and background image with no issue but adding a Text mesh pro object just doesn't show any of the text.

I tried deleting the text mesh pro files and re-importing but same issue. when I go to a 3D game I made in another tutorial it works just fine, it seems to only be in the VR core that it isn't working and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Attached Files:

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

1. It seems to now show in editor at all, correct?
    Then it's not really a VR issue probably.
    2. Check for errors/warnings in the console. I saw something about no font asset being available
    3. Maybe update TMPro to a pre release version if it's a bug? (Via manifest file in packages folder if you gotta force it)

3. BJump

BJump

I have no idea how it got fixed but it seems to have worked itself out?

I deleted the whole canvas about 10 times making a new XR canvas -> UI image -> UI text mesh pro each time and the text didn't show up. I then made a new one without deleting the one that wasn't working and the second object in the scene seemed to work just fine, I saw the text. I then deleted them both and made a new first TMP object and again the text didn't show up, I deleted it and made a new first object and it didn't show up, I made a new second object and it worked, made a new 3rd object and it worked, deleted them all and made a new first object and it worked. deleted it and made another new first one and it worked again.

so anyway, now it's working just fine and i have absolutely no idea what or if I even did anything to fix it.

4. BJump

BJump

that error was why i had tried deleting all the TMP files from the project and reimporting, which did not fix it.

its fixed now, but I really have no idea what or if I did something to fix it. seems to have worked itself out.

DevDunk likes this.