Search Unity

Text Mesh Pro font atlas randomly appears covering whole screen

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by DebugLogWarning, May 9, 2019.

1. DebugLogWarning

DebugLogWarning

A few of our users are running into an issue where it seems like the entire TMP font atlas randomly appears on the screen covering most of the user interface. The screen is still responsive and we can get it to go away by disabling/enabling the parent game objects. We haven't seen this happen in the editor, only at runtime, and we do not have a way to reliably reproduce this. Any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What version of Unity and TextMesh Pro?

What is the parent game object?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I have been getting a few reports of similar occurrences lately where most users are using version 1.3.0 which has been out for a while and yet these reports are all recent so this could be related to some changes in Unity that somehow affects the textures or whatever texture some objects are supposed to be referencing.

On what platform is this occurring?

Any chance you could submit a bug report with the project along with reproduction steps?

4. DebugLogWarning

DebugLogWarning

Unity: 2018.2.15f1
    TextMeshPro: TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b12
    Platform: Windows 10 (Microsoft Surface)

We've since updated to the latest version of TextMesh Pro through the package manager and haven't seen it happen recently. But we did not have a reliable way to reproduce it - so we might not be seeing it because it was fixed... or just by luck. Releasing updates for our project is a big process, so we're trying to make sure this is actually fixed (and not just - not happening by chance) before the next release.

There are many ui parent game objects. Previously they didn't have uniform scales, when debugging this I made everything uniform... but without a way to repro I'm not sure if that actually fixed it or not.

Appreciate any feedback,
    Thanks

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Let me know if this resurfaces. I'll be around :)