Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Text Mesh Pro build error

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by meleejohn, Apr 24, 2019.

1. meleejohn

meleejohn

So I'm looking for anyone who can help this is the first time I've had this happen to me. When I make a build of my game and start it up this is what happens to the TextMeshPro - UGUI, added below.

I've tried different build quality setting, adding a mesh render, even recreating the TMP font asset, nothing has worked, this is what it is supposed to look like, again posted below. Correct Text.png Failed Text Compression.png
    Anyone have any options/solutions, really open to any suggestions it's an urgent problem...

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

On what platform is this?

What version of Unity and TMP?

Are you using any type of texture compression?

3. meleejohn

meleejohn

Sorry about that, TextMeshPro version 1.3.0, Unity version 2018.3.0f2, and I'm working on PC. When it comes to texture compression I never modified any of that so it'd all be default settings.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Looks like the UV coordinates are all confused or the font asset is pointing to the wrong texture.

See if you get the same behavior using one of the font assets included with TMP.

Can you submit a bug report with the include project so I can take a closer look? Please provide the Case # when you have it.

5. meleejohn

meleejohn

Ok so, I have tried using the default TMP asset and the same error occurs, I'm having trouble sending the required files through the bug reporter at this time. Are there any folders that you do not need sent in order to run the project and take a look? Or is there any other method to get the project to you?

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What issue are you having when trying to submit a bug report with the project?

You can always Private Message and provide me with some private link where I can download the project.

7. meleejohn

meleejohn

I would get to 50% the bar would hang there, the application would still be responsive, then suddenly an error would pop up saying "Unable to Write". Putting something together to send over, I'll PM you a link to the project when it's all together.

8. meleejohn

meleejohn

Hey I believe I sent you a private message, just making sure it go through to you, thanks again.

9. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I did. Thank you.

Currently trying to download but Google Drive is getting stuck at 75%.

Assuming the download completes, I'll try taking a look later tonight or tomorrow.

10. Roamer79

Roamer79

Hey Meleejohn did you ever find the cause for this?? I have the EXACT same issue :(