Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Text is not shown in a dropdown (Android only)

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by pnaum1, Jun 14, 2018.

1. pnaum1

pnaum1

Latest UNITY 2017

the droplist should look like

but on Android devices, it looks like

Unity and iOS devices works fine.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you.

2. pnaum1

pnaum1

made in Text Mesh Pro Release 1.0.54

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I would recommend updating to the latest release of TMP for Unity 2017.

Are you using split binary or some special compression on Android? That might also be the issue.

4. pnaum1

pnaum1

Due to change in architecture of TMP we can not simply update it. Project is not compiling because of ambiguity.

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

Since version 1.0.54 would be a source code version, provided you upgrade to the latest source code version(s) which are available on the TextMesh Pro user forum and follow the upgrade procedure, you should be able to upgrade.

What specific issues are you running into?

6. Brathnann

Brathnann

Just to add, I have had this happen to me sometimes. A new build sometimes fixes it, if that doesn't, reimport just the text (find it, right click on it and select reimport) and that has also fixed it for me. I'm not sure the reason it happens, just that it has happen to me and one of these two steps has fixed it for me in the past.

7. pnaum1

pnaum1

thanks for answers. We've just rewritten that menu from the scratch and it works fine.