Search Unity

Question Text gets stacked?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Laser50, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Laser50

Laser50

Hello! I have recently upgraded my Unity up from 2020 to 2021 edition, haven't done any changes until today..
    Idea was supposed to be very simple, a text that displays a first and a last name... Simple enough?

The code changes the text, but the text just gets squished and stacked into one another, very weird.
    Usually this prompts me to screw with the settings... Nothing works, nothing at all. I have an image to show:

^^ Above should spell "Dallas Louise", I can remove that text in the editor and type whatever I wish and it won't look like this.

Then I decided to just delete the textbox and type it out myself.. It works? The text is displayed as normal, overflow/truncate seem to work perfect, the text size changes and I can just fill in as many characters as I want and the text doesn't flip out on me and squishes itself back.

Does any one have the slightest idea of what this is related to? It hasn't happened before and I am going nuts trying to figure it out. As it HAS WORKED BEFORE.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022