Search Unity

Bug Text disappearing when text pivot goes off screen (only when bold style is selected)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Meatloaf4, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Meatloaf4

Meatloaf4

Essentially I have a main font asset setup to use bold, italic & bold italic font assets of the same font as shown below.

upload_2022-9-21_12-36-18.png

As expected, I'm able to use the various font styles in my UI by selecting the following options in the TextMeshPro - Text (UI) component (see image below). In this case, everything works perfectly.

upload_2022-9-21_12-38-21.png

However, an issue occurs when I try to do the same thing with the TextMeshPro - Text component. At first glance everything works / displays as expected, however the text disappears when the text's pivot point moves off-screen (see gif below).

upload_2022-9-21_12-40-43.gif

For additional context, here is the GameObject for the disappearing text. You can see it is using a very similar setup to my TextMeshPro - Text (UI) component above. However, in this case I have issues.

upload_2022-9-21_12-42-9.png

It looks like I can get it to work (not disappear when pivot exits) if I specifically set the Font Asset to its bold counterpart font asset (deselecting the bold style at that point), as that seems to change the material to the font asset bold material. However, this seems unintuitive to me. Shouldn't I be able to utilize TextMeshPro - Text the same as utilizing TextMeshPro - Text (UI)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

RG22-94 likes this.