Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Text. Adding custom graphics to bitmap font assets. Missing Feature

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by vhman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. vhman

vhman

Hi,

In this tutorial
    described how to edit "font atlas".
    There you can export "font atlas", edit graphics and put it back.
    I was able to do the same with TextMesh Pro 2.0.1, but there is no option to put this "custom font atlas" back.

I achieved desired behavior by putting "custom font atlas" into Material/DebugSettings/FontAtlas.
    The problems is "font asset" refers to "font atlas" asset, while using "custom font atlas".
    Is it as designed?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The font asset contains 2 sub objects. These 2 sub objects are the default material and the atlas texture which is referenced by the material. Since these are sub assets, they cannot be replaced or removed. However, you can assign your newly edited / modified atlas texture to the default material of the font asset and that will work.

3. Z_Miloc

Z_Miloc

I thought this wasn't working right because atlas texture still showing a thumbnail of the original atlas.

It would be nice if this worked with a mobile specific shader. Not sure if it would save anything vs using the TMP Sprite shader.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

That Sprite shader is pretty simple and can pretty much be considered a mobile shader.