Search Unity

TEXDraw - Create Math Expressions inside Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WillNode, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Troglodit

Troglodit

Now everything works great. Thanks a lot!

WillNode likes this.
  2. Troglodit

Troglodit

I guess I have found a similar bug

so the text is

Also, I am not sure whether it is a bug or not, but how to prevent the text from such a shrink/expand behaviour ?

Here is the screenshot of the component just in case

3. WillNode

WillNode

Weird, I can't reproduce it.

Maybe check TEXDraw is in the latest version?

Screenshot (31).png

4. Troglodit

Troglodit

Yes, sorry, the version of TEXDraw was the latest, but the Unity version wasn't. Now I have updated it and the broken lines are gone.
    However, the second problem is still here:

5. WillNode

WillNode

Sorry but what's the problem? What these blue means? The TEXDraw output seems normal to me.

6. Troglodit

Troglodit

As you can see there is no difference in spaces between lines in TextMeshPro and UnityText, no matter if "y" letters present in the line or not. That is what regular user expects to see switching to TEXDraw.

And this is how it looks kile in a real text. the space #2 is wider than the space #1 in TEXDraw while there is no such a difference in UnityText and TextMshPro.

7. WillNode

WillNode

Ah yes, I just get what you mean now.

Actually, I did already fix this problem 24 hours ago by introducing a new feature. Somebody 3 days ago mentioning the same problem like that, and I did send him the patch just recently. Seems coincidence? :rolleyes:

You can email me to get the patch.

8. Troglodit

Troglodit

I have sent the email to the support email. Thanks!

9. Troglodit

Troglodit

The problem is solved. Thanks.

WillNode likes this.
  10. Troglodit

Troglodit

It's me again :oops:

Looks like the line depth parameter doesn't work near the endings of the lines

the text is

11. WillNode

WillNode

Fixed! Check your mailbox.

Good find anyway ;)

12. Troglodit

Troglodit

Yes. Looks like the problem is solved. Thanks!

13. WillNode

WillNode

Yes, TEXDraw 4.1 is finally here on Asset Store!

It contains more simpler layout code as I introduce new setting based of requests on having consistent line height (thanks @Troglodit and some others), and few more bugfixes.

Also, finally I can upload the demo live on my site as well, yay!

14. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,

NGUI scroll view support broken with ver 4.1.0. if I add TD insideScroll-view thne text not rendering properly.I'm using NGUI 3.11.4 with unity 2017.3.0f3

Best regards,
    Play_edu

15. WillNode

WillNode

Hi, thanks for reporting. Some shaders aren't fully upgraded when I released v4.0 so yeah, I've just the patch for you (check email).

Wait a minute, this is my 201-th post! :D

Play_Edu likes this.
  16. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

HI,

Thanks for the Quick support.patchworking fine for me.

Best_regards,
    Play_edu

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    WillNode likes this.
  17. WillNode

WillNode

Hi guys, TEXDraw 4.2 has coming to Asset Store!

Here's something special about it:

Screenshot (166).png

Yep, you can type HTML and Markdown in TEXDraw :eek:

It's done via a new supplement that comes with this new version. Right now it's only capable to parse basic HTML / Markdown which I've include in new example scene. This doesn't mean that I'm replacing LaTeX, rather just a nice thing to have in case you're copying a material from somewhere without bothering to converting to LaTeX by hands.

18. Troglodit

Troglodit

Hi! I want to report a bug (i guess)
    so here is the font usage example from the documentation
    upload_2018-3-17_15-51-2.png
    and this is how it really looks in unity
    upload_2018-3-17_15-52-14.png

the TD version is the latest, unity is 2017.3.1f1

19. WillNode

WillNode

It's not. The last two lines should be in the same line (as one paragraph). The chain that I demonstrate in the doc above would break if you put the last line in new paragraph (in the doc those words looks as two different line, but it really isn't).

20. Troglodit

Troglodit

ok, I see. Is there a way to force several lines to be in the same font without putting the font tag at the beginning of each one?

21. WillNode

WillNode

Yes, use
    \meta[font=14]
    . You can see the doc for \meta for more available options.

22. Troglodit

Troglodit

Unfortunately, I can't make this work :(

upload_2018-3-18_16-57-24.png

What I did wrong?

23. WillNode

WillNode

Actually, it was working until recent updates that breaks this feature, and I did intent to leave it broken :p.

Patch to fix \meta will come in short time...

24. WillNode

WillNode

Fixed! Check your mailbox ;)

25. Troglodit

Troglodit

Thanks, now it works.

WillNode likes this.
  26. Troglodit

Troglodit

And what about colors? How to make several lines to be the same color?
    upload_2018-3-22_0-0-32.png

27. WillNode

WillNode

Technically coloring a text happens on stage-3, which is beyond the reach of what \meta are currently capable at. But maybe I can figure some workaround to achieve it.

28. WillNode

WillNode

Hey guys! check this out!

newtexdrawinput.gif

Finally it happened! :eek:. Sorry guys I know many of you wanted this feature wayyy more since the first place. But it just here. I just know a trick that exploits core engine, so clever that this WYSIWYG editor can be wondefully made in just few days! :cool:

This feature will be released in next major version (under a week)! Stay tuned ;)

29. WillNode

WillNode

PSST...

SORRY I YELLED BUT THIS NEWS IS FREAKIN' AWESOME....

Screenshot (215).png

The day is just getting better. I put many private projects on GitLab, including TEXDraw. And you're invited too! Just go to this website to get access to TEXDraw private git repo. With this access you can see how I develop this access, submit issues (and PR!), get the bleeding edge features (like the Input editor above^^^), and so much more.

When you have the access, you can click here to see the repo. See you there!

30. Ezeevien

Ezeevien

You don't have free trial for this ?

31. WillNode

WillNode

Umm, no. But we do have REPL demo to play with.

32. mjcollum

mjcollum

I can't seem to get Textmeshpro support working.
    running the auto tool fails with a bunch of errors.
    Maybe im missing something.
    is there any more info on textmesh integration than is in the basic manual?
    results from a clean project on latest unity version/ texdraw and textmesh -pro

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (0) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    TEXEditorMenus:SetDefined(String, Boolean, BuildTargetGroup) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:569)
    TEXEditorMenus:SetDefined(String, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:540)
    TEXEditorMenus:<SetTextMeshProIntegration>m__3(String) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:408)
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:Internal_CallImportPackageCompleted(String)

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (2) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
    UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
    TEXEditorMenus:SetDefined(String, Boolean, BuildTargetGroup) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:569)
    TEXEditorMenus:SetDefined(String, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:540)
    TEXEditorMenus:<SetTextMeshProIntegration>m__3(String) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:408)

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (5) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (6) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (15) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (16) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (17) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (20) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (22) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (24) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.

Wait a minute. Importing process will began shortly. Look at TEXPreference for the progress.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    TEXEditorMenus:<SetTextMeshProIntegration>m__3(String) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXEditorMenus.cs:409)

Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXSDFImporter.cs(339,34): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `TMPro.KerningPair.KerningPair(uint, uint, float)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXSDFImporter.cs(339,66): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `int' expression to type `uint'

Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXSDFImporter.cs(342,77): error CS1061: Type `TMPro.KerningPair' does not contain a definition for `AscII_Left' and no extension method `AscII_Left' of type `TMPro.KerningPair' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/TEXDraw/Core/Editor/TEXSDFImporter.cs(347,99): error CS1061: Type `TMPro.KerningPair' does not contain a definition for `AscII_Left' and no extension method `AscII_Left' of type `TMPro.KerningPair' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

33. Dymersedevelopers

Dymersedevelopers

Hi,
    I have just bought this package. thanks for providing such useful stuff. I want to create an android app for which i need to give input by GUI Button not from keyboard. can you please guide me, how can i achieve that.
    Thanks.

34. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Hi,

How to add different fonts in texdraw?

35. Yunkyu-Choi

Yunkyu-Choi

I have the TextMesh Pro error too.
    Any update for the new TextMesh Pro support?

36. Yunkyu-Choi

Yunkyu-Choi

About the TextMesh Pro error

It seems I figured out by myself.

I changed line from 336 to 349 of TexSDFImporter.cs file as below:

Code (CSharp):
    2.             for (int i = 0; i < kpCount; i++)
    3.             {
    4.                 // Proceed to add each kerning pairs.
    5.                 KerningPair kp = new KerningPair((uint)kerningPairs[i].ascII_Left, (uint)kerningPairs[i].ascII_Right, kerningPairs[i].xAdvanceOffset * pointSize);
    8.                 // Filter kerning pairs to avoid duplicates
    9.                 int index = kerningInfo.kerningPairs.FindIndex(item =>  item.firstGlyph == kp.firstGlyph && item.secondGlyph == kp.secondGlyph);
    11.                 if (index == -1)
    12.                     kerningInfo.kerningPairs.Add(kp);
    13.                 else
    14.                     if (!TMP_Settings.warningsDisabled) Debug.LogWarning("Kerning Key for [" + kp.firstGlyph + "] and [" + kp.secondGlyph + "] is a duplicate.");
    15.             }

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  37. Naowin

Naowin

Hi^^

I have different texts in my quiz game, and I try to give the same size to all of my propositions.
    But, I have some problems with Texdraw and blurry texts :/

As you can see, if a text doesn't have a big size with "best fit", like the bottom-right one, the text isn't clear like the top-right one. ("1 answer" is text from TextMesh Pro)

I tried to fuse it with TextMesh Pro, but even with some corrections with the importation, I didn't manage to make it works :/

Do you have some solutions please? :D

38. chiapekharn

chiapekharn

Hi, I'm trying to use TexDraw with NGUI, unfortunately it's not working (text not showing at all) .. I'm not sure what went wrong though. See the image below:

upload_2018-12-14_17-37-29.png

39. stickcraft2016

stickcraft2016

Hey, I've noticed that the different numbers 123456789 have various heights and font size. Like 1 and 2 are smaller than all the other characters. 4 and 5 seem to have a "normal" height. 6 and 8 seem to be placed higher than all the other characters?

So my question is, how do I make all of the numbers have the same height?

Attached Files:

40. WillNode

WillNode

You can choose another font type which have numbers of same height.

41. jcmeyer23

jcmeyer23

Hello, I am just getting started with TEXDraw and am wondering if there is a way to know where the cursor position is within the string and be able to control that position when using TEXInput.

What I am trying to do when the user types in "/" to signify division, I want to update the TEXDraw to include \frac {}{}. However, when I do that, the cursor does not end up where I want it to be.

Please help. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  42. WillNode

WillNode

Hi guys.

I'm so sorry about the inactivity for maintenance of this asset. I aware of the current problem.

To address current breaking change regarding to TextMeshPro, we will raise minimum Editor version to 2017.3 (LTS), and focusing to integrate TMP via Package Manager instead of Asset Store. The patch will be available as long as two weeks from today.

After that we will going into maintenance-only until we can move the documentation completely into website page (instead of PDF).

43. Naowin

Naowin

Hi!

I was wondering if TexDraw is compatible with a lot of LaTeX expressions? Because some texts seems to not work, like \mathbb, or \longrightarrow.
    Is it maybe possible to add LaTeX packages?

Thank you!

44. WillNode

WillNode

TEXDraw is not fully compatible with LaTeX because of technical limitations we have. But that's not mean it can't do things that LaTeX commonly have. If it don't work, you just have to look for different syntax.

upload_2019-3-29_1-44-42.png

45. atays

atays

Hi Will,

I'm making a math quiz game.

If I use your asset, can you kindly tell me how to include Latex in the "question" section?

I'm using a game template and writng below code but the math is not seen. Can your asset help me here?

string formula1 = @"\displaystyle\int_{-\infty}^{\infty}e^{-x^{2}}\;dx=\sqrt{\pi}";
    questions[index].question = formula1

Regards

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 11.32.26 AM.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  46. WillNode

WillNode

Corrected for TEXDraw: \int_{-\infty}^{\infty}e^{-x^{2}}; dx=\sqrt{\pi}

Screenshot (248).png

47. tonybf

tonybf

Hello! I have some problems with the use of your asset... specifically when compiling on IOS. The error is different in each device. And in Xcode it tells me that there are compatibility problems with certain shaders. Y have unity 2018.3.14 in MacOS, TexMeshPro v1.3.0
    Iphone 5c. IOS 10.3.3:
    photo_2019-05-27 10.45.40.jpeg

And this is the menssage in Xcode:

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 10.52.16.png
    You can see, where there are black boxes ... there I am using TexDraw's components.
    I must say that I am using the integration with TextMeshPro and another font different from the ones that come in the package.

Let me know if you need more information ;)
    Plisss help me in this one...

48. LeCommandeur

LeCommandeur

Hello! I tried to use this plugin along with TextMesh Pro 2.0.1 in Unity 2019.2.6f1 but after using the integration tool, I still get compilation errors in TexFontSigned.cs which seems to be written with a previous version of TextMesh Pro in mind.

Any news about this problem? Any plans to fix it anytime soon in an update?

Thanks in advance!

49. WillNode

WillNode

I will check. Thanks for the info.

50. ammar_12435

ammar_12435

Hi!
    I was wondering if it was possible to be able to underline an entire text string. For instance this is the string:

f(x)=\lbrace\nfrac{2x}{3}
    \nlfrac{\if x<0}{\otherwise}

And we want to underline all of it. We know we can use \under and \unot but they dont work if there is return or newline or some other \ symbols in the string.

Any help would be appreciated.