Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TEXDraw - Create Math Expressions inside Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by WillNode, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jGate99

jGate99

Just bought it, i hope v3 will bring TMPro support as thats the only Text Control i use in my projects and reason i bought it

2. WillNode

WillNode

Well, you can just send PM to me and see if it working for you....

jGate99 likes this.
  3. WillNode

WillNode

Wow, the time just ticking faster than they seem.

That's mean the sale will be lasted for only few days, and you'll miss this awesome feature....

Screenshot (65).png

4. WillNode

WillNode

Wow.. It is been a week TEXDraw have been set on sale. That's mean there are good news, and bad news.

The bad news is, this sale will end soon.
    While the good news is.... TEXDraw 3.0 just been submitted today!

It may take few days to make it public, so be patient for it ;)

Also, the documentation link is updated! you can take a look on what's changed there if you curious....

5. WillNode

WillNode

How come the review is going so long..?!

Ok, it doesn't matter. because TEXDraw 3.0 just been accepted in asset store! You can see what's changed over there in Release notes. I decided to not update the media files since I have something more important to working on.

Also thank you guys whoever contributing feedbacks to this asset....

6. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi
    When i imported Letest TEXDraw And NGUI 3.11.1 I got this Err. Please Help me also i using unity 5.5.f3

With NGUI 3.10 And UNITY 5.4 beta its Working. But Text Rendering badly am i doing Something Wrong.? Also Scroll not Working.

Assets/TEXDraw/Script/NGUI/TEXDrawNGUI.cs(258,26): error CS0115: `TEXDrawNGUI.OnFill(BetterList<UnityEngine.Vector3>, BetterList<UnityEngine.Vector2>, BetterList<UnityEngine.Color>)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Best Regards,
    Play_edu

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. WillNode

WillNode

Thanks for the report. I spotted the error. It should be easy to fix. (Change BetterList -> List)

However, I see another error also goes again. I'll try to fix it soon. Look like they just made a big update for 3.11.

Just to make sure, Do you also see the 'texture is null' error? It keeps happening on me, but i'm not sure that the bug it is belong to me or NGUI.

8. WillNode

WillNode

Wow... I'm surprised that this asset get a whole nasty bug inside. I'm trying to fix it by now. If anyone found bug other than:

- TEXDraw not work on Shaders & Scroll View
    - Build Compilation Exception
    - Preference not saved when Editor Quit
    - Android bug on shader

Then we'll happy to hear it. Also if anyone run on tight deadline, I welcomed to assist about bug/feature request on email. And also, don't bother to ask in PM about the current development of TEXDraw. Thank you guys whoever helps to make TEXDraw more better in time.

9. WillNode

WillNode

Hmm.. This is pretty weird. Somehow I can't manage to solve scroll view problem due to StackOverflowException. In recent version of NGUI, StackOverflowException throws on me when i use nested panels. This is also happening when I'm using NGUI's built-in label text. Do anyone on here also experiencing this problem? This should be NGUI bug, anyway.

10. WillNode

WillNode

OK guys, TEXDraw 3.1 will arrive soon with many urgent fixes that comes within the latest version. I'm decided to not updating the doc for a while because of my busy work.

In this version NGUI extension will work properly, though it need a small touch of NGUI scripts to fix the problem manually, but that's the case for tomorrow.

11. mmalinin

mmalinin

Hi,
    Is it possible to specify alignment of superscripts and subscripts? By default they are left aligned, but in some cases (like chemical element notaion) they should be aligned to the right.

12. WillNode

WillNode

It's easy. Subscript/Superscript can work without any base, meaning it is can be used as workaround of 'left-aligned' scripts.

Screenshot (1).png

Well... you right. They are still mis-aligned. Bad news that you can't change the alignment. I'll make the fix for that. Thanks.

13. Vern_Shurtz

Vern_Shurtz

Is there an issue with rendering TEXDraw from a perspective view? I have a canvas in World Space as well as a TEXDraw 3D object and the text comes out very pixely when rendered in perspective. and the TEXDraw 3D pops in and out as I rotate the camera along with looking pixely.

Orthographic.PNG Perspective.PNG

14. WillNode

WillNode

I have no problem at all. It should work normally. Have you try to increase the Dynamic Pixels per unit in Canvas Scaler?

EDIT: I haven't test it in recent version of unity. I will do it soon.

Screenshot (2).png

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  15. WillNode

WillNode

Okay. It's just been fixed. Here is the patch. Remember that you should have recent version of TEXDraw in project.

Attached Files:

16. mmalinin

mmalinin

Thanks for a quick response!

WillNode likes this.
  17. WillNode

WillNode

To night I just submitted TEXDraw 3.2. It has little fixes compared from previous release (important, still).

For anyone who still skeptical to this asset, can see the demo here. Please note that it is a Windows build, not mac. Mac users can PM on me to see if there's some other alternative build.... later.

18. Vern_Shurtz

Vern_Shurtz

Have you had a chance to look at this? I updated to the new version of TEXDraw but still get the same issue on a world canvas in a perspective view. Orthographic works fine.

19. WillNode

WillNode

Sorry, but for me it just work correctly. Does it happen in the editor? I can't reproduce the issue. Can you please send the scene setup for that? I'm still not sure why it's happen (But I'm certainly sure that it must be something to do with shaders)

20. paras2

paras2

hi, I m not sure if this forum is the right place to ask . my question is how can I add my own command as a new delimiter. for example I want to add \paras2 to the code to call a function I desire.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  21. WillNode

WillNode

Sure, this is the place to go. And to add a custom symbol you need only 4 steps to get there:
    1. Open TexDraw Preference, then locate the symbol
    2. Put the symbol name in characters tab
    3. Set what's the type that the symbol fits in. for a delimiter, you have three options: Open Delimiter, Close Delimiter, or Relation (this one, if it can do both like \vert)
    4. Go to the relation tab and fill the delimiter parts. They work using font index including the character index. Not the way to go but it's working anyway.

I put some screenshots here.

CustomSymbolDemo.jpg

paras2 likes this.
  22. WillNode

WillNode

Hmm.. It is either TexDraw just get rich features over time or I just made them a matter of complicated stuff.

But anyway, I like it because it's beautiful and I made some way of fun when I'm working on it.

Screenshot (163).png

In next few days, TEXDraw 3.3 will be available with major upgrades on supplement parts, along with many other improvement, including this "depth" effect. What do you guys think?

Q: Are these supplements also can be used in another UI part (Image and Text)?
    A: It depends. Any supplement marked as [Post Effect] is compatible with other Unity's UI component.

23. Vern_Shurtz

Vern_Shurtz

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I will wait for the new version of TexDraw and see if the issue persists. Thanks for a great product and wonderful support!!!

24. WillNode

WillNode

Thanks! Unfornatunely, I'm still certain that the issue still persist because I don't make the fix yet. I can't find any problem similar so I need more data. Can you please send scene set-up for that? Full screenshot of repro also helps me find where the problem goes.

25. paras2

paras2

Thank you so much

WillNode likes this.
  26. paras2

paras2

Dear WillNode,

I need your guidance regarding another issue . I need to make your code compatible with RTL language. I have RTL asset and I can make it work with your code but my problem is with wrapping. I need to change wrapping in a way that the last character of the left side should vertically go down ( its opposite side of what the code is doing now ) so I traced your code but unfortunately I cant understand where I have to make this change.. Can you kindly help me with this please.

Many Thanks.
    P.S I also need to define what the width and height of our RTL character is to make the code understand where to use new line.

27. jGate99

jGate99

Simply WOW
    Works with TMPro?

28. WillNode

WillNode

Okay, RTL character which going ... down? Is it different than set it justified and make lit aligning right? any example please?

(I actually wanted to upload a screenshot here, but I found a face-palming bug. duh!)

Anyway, If you really one to modify these RTL layout stuff, you only need to change the code in DrawingParams.cs. There all the compositing stuff happen. But, before you do it, I warn you to not doing it alone because the script is really composed of complicated stuff :D

29. WillNode

WillNode

Yes ;)

jGate99 likes this.
  30. BravoBravo

BravoBravo

Hello WillNode,
    How can I use a custom font with it, I want to use the "Gotham" font. Thanks

31. paras2

paras2

Dear WillNode,
    Thank you so much for the answer. As an example, imagine a texDraw box including "abcdefg", now if I make the box horizontally smaller "fg" will automatically goes to the next line. In RTL I need "ab" to go downside. I also want to make this downside going of alphabets to be according to the size of our own alphabet

then please dont leave me alone with these complicated stuff.

Thank you

32. WillNode

WillNode

Just put it in folder TEXDraw/Fonts/User and click menu in Tools > TEXDraw > Rebuild Font Data. There you go, whenever you need that font, just change the font index. I write the doc for this.

33. WillNode

WillNode

Sorry, but I still not understand the exact behavior of this. Will it be like this?

IsItLikeThis.png

Anyway, if there are "vertically aligned text" on there, I'm sure it is really too complex (even for me) that I would prefer the other way around (manually do it via commands).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  34. WillNode

WillNode

Ok. I'm trying my best here. To overcome the complicated supplements (whoever need it, anyway). I have built a template system for everytime you hit Create -> UI -> TEXDraw.

Screenshot (173).png

With this, you no longer need to put multiple supplement on each new creation. Give it self a test, and see if you are satisfied with it. This and another features that come along have been submitted today, so TEXDraw Version 3.3 will be available in few days. Now, keep an eye for that :)

35. paras2

paras2

Dear WillNode,
    Such a great news. Do you have any plans regarding RTL support in your new version ?:)because that would be a heaven for us:rolleyes:.
    Please keep us updated.
    Thank you

36. paras2

paras2

Dear WillNode,
    How can I add image to the texDraw? in documents you have mentioned that we can add image in Fonts/Sprites folder , ok but how can we use it ?

thank you

WillNode likes this.
  37. WillNode

WillNode

You can't add an image directly. You do that by create the whole images as a grid-based sprite pack in one image. Put it in Font/Sprites folder, and rebuild. Now in the TEXDraw preference, pick the image and you see in 'Importer' tab, two options. Tell them how much column & row the image has, and click apply. Also, don't forget to give a symbol name for each sprite so they can be used easily.

I have put one sprite pack for the demonstration. Just see how it's been setup in preference. The example of proper usage for sprites is available in SpriteFontUsage scene.

Screenshot (176).png

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  38. WillNode

WillNode

Haha, RTL is one of my roadmap for the next TEXDraw. It's still on a design phase, but will be definitely available around few weeks. We'll see how it come. Anyway, I'm gonna never stop updating this asset if I don't running out of ideas :D

39. WillNode

WillNode

Oh wait, I'm browsing the asset store, and TextMeshPro has released its free version! It's looks like the developer just got hired to work in UT for that. Good luck for him. I'm gonna update the package to support the asset. Congrat for being awesome @Stephan-B!

Sorry for being off-topic. I'm fan of this asset, really.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  40. paras2

paras2

Thank you so much for the good news. I hope by few weeks you meant less than a month.:rolleyes:
    wish to see the version with RTL support

WillNode likes this.
  41. paras2

paras2

thank you again

WillNode likes this.
  42. paras2

paras2

Dear WillNode,

Following forum is describing the problems we are trying to solve inside your code.
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/arabic-localization-our-experience.355100/
    you can also find in the attached image the RTL and LTR difference in the breaking overflow text. Any suggestions from you is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Paras2

Attached Files:

43. WillNode

WillNode

OK, Thank you for your effort to clearing up the RTL concept. That's help me a lot. Though, i need to sort some of my confusion here.

I was though that RTL will works by just reversing the characters. Well, this is not enough since characters also change depending on their position (Well, RTL is only happen in Arabic-like language, right?). By the most standard, Konash's Asset will make this job done easier.

Instead of writing the solution myself. What do you think if I integrate this asset with Konash's Asset? I think that would speedup the development. I'm just one step ahead to develop this RTL feature.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  44. WillNode

WillNode

OK, just finishing it up. this RTL feature is just ready as an Supplement which in 'Beta Phase'.

Screenshot (177).png

I put some logic there so commands will still work properly. I also add some some options in menu for make ease and clear to integrate assets with TEXDraw.

For those who need this, you are welcome to give this asset a try before it is available in store release.

Attached Files:

45. PhantomJ

PhantomJ

Dear WillNode,

I'm stuck in a weird problem...
    I just update the TEXDraw to version 3.3.
    And it behaves normal after I import it to an empty project.
    But when I import it to my current project,a problem like the occurs.
    41B814DC-C1A5-447A-ADC3-E6AABAA039B4.png
    The Font Index seems to be always "out of index".
    I used to use TEXDraw 2.7 in my project,and the version of my unity is 5.3.6p4.

the console error in Editor Model is :

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    TexDrawLib.SerializableDictionary`2[System.Char,System.Int32].FindIndex (Char key) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/TexCustomDictionary.cs:416)
    TexDrawLib.SerializableDictionary`2[System.Char,System.Int32].get_Item (Char key) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/TexCustomDictionary.cs:153)
    TexDrawLib.TexFont.GetCharacterData (Char c) (at Assets/TEXDraw/Core/TexFont.cs:61)
    UnityEngine.Canvas:SendWillRenderCanvases()

Please help me check what problem it might be.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  46. WillNode

WillNode

Indeed this is also happening in other users too. I can't make sure why is that happening, but we know one thing that the whole serialized data got corrupted so you need to delete and reimport Resources folder OR ...

Screenshot (178).png

See if this helps the problem too. Sadly any customization made to preference will lost so (If you made changes to preference) prefer to backup the Resources folder first.

47. PhantomJ

PhantomJ

Problem has been settled by wiping all data!
    Thanks a lot!:)

WillNode likes this.
  48. PhantomJ

PhantomJ

Dear WillNode,

Hi,it's me again.
    Now I'm facing a more incredible problem.
    And it seems to only happen on my own iPhone.
    I've tried several ios and android devices,my app runs quite normally on them.

On my iPhone,TEXs display so incompletely like this:
    A43E1D48-1FF9-4262-8F73-92A2DDEE6BB0.png
    But on other devices,everything goes just fine:
    3C13E35A-B1DA-4518-9F47-0C60B9A5C143.png

I have no idea what is wrong with my iPhone.
    It's an iPhone5 with ios9.
    The problem seems to have nothing to do with the screen resolution or os version of a device.
    Cause I've tried both a iPhone6 with ios9 and a iPhoneSE with ios9.

But when I used the version 2.7 of TEXDraw before,my iPhone went well,too.

So I wonder if you still keep a package of version 2.7.
    If you do,could you email it to me?
    So I can test if my app still runs well on my iPhone with TEXDraw 2.7 or something is just wrong with my iPhone.

My email address is phantomj@126.com.

Many thanks for your help.
    PhantomJ

49. WillNode

WillNode

I just have send the version 2.7.1. See if this solve the problem.

PhantomJ likes this.
  50. PhantomJ

PhantomJ

This works perfectly!
    Thanks again for sharing:)

WillNode likes this.