Search Unity

Games Tetra/Agon - FPS/puzzle game

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by jlnorris, Feb 12, 2023.

1. jlnorris

jlnorris

Tetra/Agon

A mysterious puzzle box appears before you. When you solve it, you select one of four buttons - and then the box disappears and you get a gun! Suddenly flying saucers are flying around shooting at you and you must defend yourself!
    (possibly to have some sort of actual story when finished)

Tetra/Agon is a FPS puzzle game. The gameplay is structured in waves of various types of flying saucers, with a puzzle box before each wave. If you solve the puzzle box in time, you get a weapon upgrade or new weapon (out of four options).

It's currently at a very early stage, using one pre-built level and very simple models and skins as my focus has been building the gameplay.

Download
    https://cosephgames.itch.io/tetra-agon

Features
    • Four weapon types each with 11 upgrade levels
    • Four enemy types with distinct tactics and requiring different counter-tactics
    • Increasingly intense and challenging waves
    • Increasing time pressure and difficulty of puzzles
    • Enemies that dynamically navigate in 3D to hunt you

Roadmap
    This started out very much as a learning project and is my first serious 3D project in Unity. I have some ideas for a story where you're a scientist working in a lab when an alien invasion starts, and you're wearing some sort of heat resistance lab gear which is why you don't get cooked like everyone else (yes I see the similarity to Freeman) and you end up fighting the alien invasion.

Main future features:
    • Tailor-built levels
    • More puzzle variants
    • More enemy variants
    • More variety in enemy tactics
    • Equipment and armour upgrade system
    Feedback
    Gameplay design feedback would be very welcome!

I'm not an artist, so relevant feedback on models and skins would just be on stuff that I (as a non-artist) could do easily.