Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Testing UGS Analytics Consent Flow

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by avrahamy, Jul 9, 2022.

1. avrahamy

avrahamy

Hi,

Is there a way to test the consent flow for the various privacy laws?
    I made a build with UGS Analytics in it and sent it to a friend in France. I see the events from him and CheckForRequiredConsents returned an empty list...

Is that something that's supposed to happen in some cases?

Thanks

2. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I asked about region spoofing sometime back, but I don't think anything has come of it yet.

I ended up adding some (dev\debug only) code to ignore the CheckForRequiredConsents() return values and spoof them manually. At the very least, it will allow you to test your own consent code\workflow.

It's worth noting though... as far as I am aware valid consent regions are GDPR, CCPA & PIPL. However, it appears to be broken for GDPR & CCPA and is really only working for PIPL at present. This explains why your friends events in France are not reporting GDPR.

I have no doubt Unity will address these shortcomings in time, but I've not seen anything from them yet.

Hope this helps.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The CheckForRequiredConsents API only returns identifiers for PIPL by design, although the name has caused some confusion. For GDPR and other legislations we expect users to just opt out as normal using the OptOut method - this is described in our privacy documentation https://docs.unity.com/analytics/ManagingDataPrivacy.html

PeachyPixels likes this.