Search Unity

Testing projects

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by gavinb80, Sep 10, 2020.

1. gavinb80

gavinb80

Hi all,

Although I'm still fairly early in my dev cycle, I am getting to a point where I need to get a few testers in to help test some of the game mechanics.

Being that the game is IOS only as it extensively uses Game Center, I am struggling to find a decent solution to onboard testers.

I know Test Flight exists for this, but with the review process that it needs to go through and the frequency I might need to push out updates, I am not sure this is a viable solution.

What do other IOS devs do for testing their Unity projects with other users?

Also, where do you find your testers?

Thanks

2. sfjohansson

sfjohansson

I use Microsoft App Center every now and then, it does both iOS and Android: https://appcenter.ms

If I want to find a completely new non-dev tester that has never seen my app...then I use Fiverr.

gavinb80 likes this.
  3. gavinb80

gavinb80

Thank you, I didn’t think about MS App Center I think that’ll be covered by my msdn subscription so I’ll take a look.

I hadn’t considered Fiverr, maybe because I am not all that far along, I think to start with I might just have to rely on friends, family and other devs where possible. As the project nears completion, then look at Fiverr for some dedicated testers

it’s a pain testing Game Center stuff as I have to compile and build and run from Xcode every time.

4. joshuacwilde

joshuacwilde

You don't have to have Apple review your game every time. If you only set the build number, and keep the version the same, they won't ever have to review your app more than once during testflight.

gavinb80 likes this.
  5. gavinb80

gavinb80

@joshuacwilde Thanks for the info, that's really helpful. I think I will move to TestFlight when I get to a point of releasing beta versions of the game.

@sfjohansson MS AppCenter worked brilliantly, thank you