Search Unity

Testing on Samsung Galaxy i5700

Discussion in 'Android' started by Gl0r, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Gl0r

Gl0r

Good day.

Yesterday i've tried to build-run a simple application (just quad with texture) on my i5700 (Android 2.1). Project builded, installed but exit immediately after start. If i change orientation on player settings - it changes. My tests with Android SDK and Eclipse worked fine.

May be I need specific packages imported in the Unity project or additional setup?

Unity 3.0 pro updated to f5

Thanx for answers :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

i5700 aka Spica is using an ARMv6 CPU (iirc); Unity Android only supports Cortex / ARMv7a (ARM cores).
    I assume you are using "Runtime detection" device filtering? If so, the app probably crashes because it's using VFP code that is not supported by the Spica.

3. Gl0r

Gl0r

Yep, im using "Runtime detection". But how to switch VFP off? So Spica is not suitable for development?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  4. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Unity Android requires Cortex / ARMv7a CPU, and i5700 aka Spica is not equipped with such a CPU. There is no "switching off" that requirement.

But if you feel experimental I think you can use the "Universal *experimental*" device filter to get to at least start up on Spica. It has only been tested with the emulator, and is not supported generally, so all bets are off :)

5. Gl0r

Gl0r

Terrible.... Thanx for answers, Erique!

6. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Actually, if you do give it a try it would be interesting to hear about the outcome of that..

7. Gl0r

Gl0r

Building with *universal-experimental* - everything works... but slooooooow :) so just can check the quality of graphic art

Someone tested samsung i5700 and Unity? I guess that my firmware installed incorrectly :( cause i found in different articles that this phone supports vfp.

8. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

I suppose it supports VFP in scalar mode (single floating point arithmetics); the optimizations paths in Unity use vectorized VFP instructions for skinning (among other things).

9. Wozik

Wozik

Well, i5700 device is slow and not very popular anyway...

10. Gl0r

Gl0r

Omg! If i new this before i bought it :) Anyway, will get Nexus one soon.