Search Unity

Testing auto-update in the next 24h

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by charlesb_rm, Feb 7, 2018.

1. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Greetings users!

If you already have installed the Hub, you should receive an auto-update notification in the next 24 hours to let you know that a new version was downloaded and that your Hub should be restarted.

Please let us know how the auto-update worked for you, and if you didn't get any notification after the 24h from the time this message was posted.

Thanks for your collaboration!

Here are the release notes for this version:

Unity Hub v0.12.0

Features
    * Feature complete logger based on `winstonjs`
    * Made sure Visual Studio is selected by default
    * Check if there is enough space
    * Display download and install sizes
    * Analytics for auto-update
    * Displays warning when a located editor is not fully supported by the Hub
    * Redirects angular logs to the main process logger
    * Main window to stay in welcome page while signing in
    * Displays a message if IDEs are unchecked
    * Displays a message if not enough space
    * Displays a message to confirm uninstall
    * Display download and install sizes

Bug Fixes
    * Reduce the artifact size by removing unused files and dependencies
    * Several license fixes
    * Finds correct version of located editors in windows
    * Multiple UI improvements
    * Keep user logged in when redirecting to teams

2. Brathnann

Brathnann

It worked for me. I don't think I saw a version number in the message, but I could have just overlooked it. I just thought, cool, an update. :) But it did pop up just now.

I had restarted my work computer though and thus had just reopened the Unity hub when I got the message, so I'm not sure if that is what triggered the prompt or if it would have come up on it's own even with the hub open.

I'll have to see if the experience is the same on my home computer.

joeksy likes this.
  3. _plut0_

_plut0_

Just updated on a Win10 box and a Mac laptop and both seem to have worked fine.

4. Theformand

Theformand

I think you would make a lot of users happy if you could add "Open project for platform". Currently, if a user opens a fresh checkout of an existing mobile project, they need to wait for the first reimport, and then switch platform and wait for another import. Not sure if this is entirely on the Unity Hub team, but I know there are command lines for this sort of stuff :) Other than that, thank you for this. Its a godsend.

EDIT: As in, open the project for iOS immediately instead of Standalone.

ValadaresBlackRiver and Senshi like this.
  5. Here's what happened:

- I booted up my computer (Windows 10)
    - Started the Hub (I was signed in with my account)
    - got the message
    - hit the link to restart and update
    - it updated itself, when it opened, I got a "Sign in" button, but it was disabled
    - closed the hub and opened again
    - I'm in the signed in state without any action

- Can't reproduce anymore, probably it caused by the auto-update

charlesb_rm likes this.
  6. steakpinball

steakpinball

Auto-update worked great! My mac works as great as it did previously. My windows machine, which had been experiencing the license issues, now is working great!

joeksy and charlesb_rm like this.
  7. hwaet

hwaet

Auto-update worked for me, and also happened to fix a crash I was having when trying to load an older project file in the current beta via hub. Thanks!

charlesb_rm likes this.
  8. bunCBG

bunCBG

Auto update worked well here (macOS 10.13.3)

charlesb_rm likes this.
  9. JDMulti

JDMulti

Is there a way to get the new version without an update? Currently I can't use the hub succesfully as my first installation made the hub startup take about 5 minutes and I couldn't login because the interface went blank after I clicked the sign in button. I've reinstalled it but now it doesn't even start at all. I hope the new version fixes my issues but I need an installer as I can't use the auto update.

10. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

11. JDMulti

JDMulti

Thanks!

I removed the old and installed this new version, however it also doesn't work for me. What I do notice it that when I try running it I can see 2 unity hub processes for like 3 seconds and suddenly they are gone without a warning. Is there a log I can check what is going on?

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Worked

charlesb_rm likes this.
  13. ValadaresBlackRiver

ValadaresBlackRiver

Worked here! And thanks for this fix "Finds correct version of located editors in windows". It was a bump having to switch my preferred version just because the hub didn`t understand that the Unity 2017.1.1f1+some other numbers were indeed the 2017.1.1f1.

In that topic, I not a big fan of this "Preferred" version system. I got the idea, but I think I would like to select the version from a drop-down menu instead of using some version that I can`t know which is from that pop up (we have to cancel, go to the installs tab and check which is it).

Another suggestion that I have is for the system to locate the editor.exe application when you select a Unity Folder. like it does with the Unity Projects. If it possible, of course. Although this is just a minor thing.

charlesb_rm likes this.
  14. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Yes! With this version, you should be able to find a log at the following location:
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/UnityHub/logs
    Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs

15. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Worked here. (Didn't show that it was 0.12.0 but it still worked)

charlesb_rm likes this.
  16. ValadaresBlackRiver

ValadaresBlackRiver

This would be amazing too!

17. unexpected

unexpected

Worked perfectly for me (Windows 10).
    When starting up with the old version, it told me to re-activate my licence and that an update would be available. I just clicked on "update", it worked correctly and after it started again by itself, there were no licence issues anymore.

18. RG_Keith

RG_Keith

Worked like a charm on Windows 10.

Once Hub goes out of Beta will we need to install the official release separately, or will this updater just install it automatically?

19. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

We have multiple improvements including this in our plan. Thanks for the feedback

20. JDMulti

JDMulti

Unity Hub starts, I see the process start in the taskmanager and 3 seconds later it's gone without showing a GUI. Even when I reinstall it won't work. Version 0.11 started but I wasn't able to sign in as the button pressed showed a blank popup window. The version I have now is 0.12.

This is from the log at: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs"
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"adding route path: license.change","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.716Z"}
    2. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"adding route path: project.opened","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.719Z"}
    3. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"adding route path: project.create","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.719Z"}
    4. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"adding route path: project.createTemp","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.719Z"}
    5. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"adding route path: project.openedFromCloud","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.719Z"}
    6. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"adding route path: main-window.change","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.719Z"}
    7. {"moduleName":"HubSettings","level":"info","message":"{ cloudEnvironment: 'production',\n  accessTokenIntervalPeriod: 5000,\n  servicesUrlInterval: 900000,\n  releasesRefreshInterval: 86400000,\n  recentProjectInterval: 2000,\n  downloadClusterInterval: 1000,\n  downloadEditorInterval: 1000,\n  refreshTokenValidity: 2592000000,\n  checkForUpdateInterval: 43200000 }","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.976Z"}
    8. {"moduleName":"AutoUpdater","level":"info","message":"Checking for hub updates","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.977Z"}
    9. {"moduleName":"AutoUpdater:EventHandler","level":"info","message":"Checking for update","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:58.986Z"}
    10. {"level":"warn","message":"Unhandled promise rejection, reason: There are no versions of Unity installed.\n\tstack Error: There are no versions of Unity installed.\n    at listAvailableEditors.then.editors (C:\\Program Files\\Unity Hub\\resources\\app.asar\\src\\services\\editorManager\\editorManager.js:367:25)\n    at <anonymous>","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:59.039Z"}
    11. {"moduleName":"Config","level":"info","message":"Using production services URL","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:59.040Z"}
    12. {"moduleName":"EditorManager","level":"info","message":"No editors installs found in Hub folder","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:03:59.213Z"}
    13. {"moduleName":"App","level":"error","message":"Failed to start Unity Hub, reason: ERROR:\r\r\nDescription = Exception occurred.\r\r\n","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.204Z"}
    14. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"unsubscribing from: license.change","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.218Z"}
    15. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"unsubscribing from: project.opened","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.219Z"}
    16. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"unsubscribing from: project.create","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.219Z"}
    17. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"unsubscribing from: project.createTemp","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.219Z"}
    18. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"unsubscribing from: project.openedFromCloud","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.219Z"}
    19. {"moduleName":"RestEventRouter","level":"info","message":"unsubscribing from: main-window.change","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.219Z"}
    20. {"moduleName":"WebSocketService","level":"info","message":"stopping web socket server. closing connections","timestamp":"2018-02-12T10:04:00.219Z"}
    It does say there is no Unity installed, but I've got 5 unity versions at a self chosen drive and directory instead of the default install path. The directory names do have '.' in them, does that break anything?

21. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi There,
    I am investigating the issue, and with the log we found what the reason is. It looks like the issue is with the license. We are following up with our license team to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Afshin