Search Unity

Bug Testing Audiences in Overrides

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by tessellation, Mar 2, 2023.

1. tessellation

tessellation

I can't seem to find any good way to test my JEXL expressions against my game's data to see if it's valid. After creating an Override and going to the Reporting tab, I always get "No Data to Display" for DAU. For example I just created one called "Newest Build Version" with JEXL expression unity.appVersion == '1.11.21' Then I deploy this build to my test device and refresh the override and I don't see any hits under DAU.

Some things to note: We're still using Legacy Analytics, however the new Analytics package is enabled in the build but not initialized in our scripts. This is because Unity IAP 4.5.2 and Analytics Library 3.8.1 packages require the new Analytics package as a dependency. We are using anonymous login via UGS Authentication. It was my understanding that Remote Config overrides should not require the newest Unity Analytics to function.

We're trying to avoid having to manually simulate the user/app attributes and check that Remote Config keys got overridden correctly which is time-consuming.

2. tessellation

tessellation

BTW, I just noticed there's a Simulator where you can create a test environment which is better than manually testing it in the game. However whenever I Simulate an individual user and add JSON for the 'unity' attributes such as { "appBuildVersion": "129" } the website just crashes with an error when I click [Next]. Without any JSON changes (just { } for all attributes) then it works but that's not helpful.

3. mforrest44

mforrest44

Unity Technologies

Hey!

I was just about to point you towards the Simulation tool but sorry to hear it doesn't seem to be working for you.

Could you share your project ID and the attributes you're trying to test?

I'll get someone on the team to take a look.

Mike

4. tessellation

tessellation

Thanks Mike. I sent you a DM with the information requested.