Search Unity

Testing Android games with a Blackberry Device.

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Grespon, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Grespon

Grespon

Not sure how stupid this question is but..
    I had a Z10 and I miss it a lot. I was thinking about buying another Blackberry, probably Z30. I heard Blackberry 10 is supporting a lot of Android apps and I'm thinking if it's possible to use a Blackberry Z30 with Unity for testing as an Android device anyhow..?

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to run android on the z30? Or put android APK's onto the device? I think the latter is possible as I recall.

-Alex

3. Grespon

Grespon

Yeah, I was thinking about the second option. I'm just a bit concerned about compatibility issues.

4. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

They work, not all API are supported though, for example Ads, IAP, that sort of thing.

5. Grespon

Grespon

Are you sure Ads will not work? So far I've been installing apk on may new Blackberry and ads are showing up.

6. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Last I tested they didn't, it was around a year ago though and they have done some updates since so they could! IAP may work for Amazon too.

7. Jussumman

Jussumman

I'm developing a game for Android and still got a Z30. Is it possible to do a build and run with it for testing purposes from Unity (half of my apps are from Google Play or Amazon already)? I used to use the Chrome method of sideloading apps. I could install any apk but just recently when I tried it doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm at a crossroads considering another phone, but if I could test Android with the Z30 I'll keep it for a while longer until it dies.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out finally how to get the emulator working on android properly and also can manually install apks on the Z30.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016