Search Unity

Tester access

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Twistplay, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Twistplay

Twistplay

Hi,

This is my first try of Unity Cloud Build and I am pretty impressed - it all just worked (on a small project, at least)

One query I have is regarding collaboration and tester access: "collaborators" can basically access anything, and the comment on the right hand side said if you don't want this you should consider making a shareable link. However I can not find any documentation on how this would be done?

I can imagine it's fairly common usage that people will want to give download only access to teams of testers ...

Adrian

hypeNate likes this.
  2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @Twistplay - great! We like to hear that the service is helping you.

Sharable links can be created for each individual build you make (not the whole project). Once you have some successful builds, you can create a sharable link to a build from 2 places:

• on the main Project page, click the MORE drop down from a successful build, and select "Share"
    • on the History page for a project, find the build you want to share (i.e., #2) and in that row on the right you'll see a "Share" link
    Either of those links will pop-up a window with the Share link in it. Let us know if you have any problems or can't get this to work. Thanks!

3. Twistplay

Twistplay

Thanks. Yes that works.

That seems a little insecure: the link can be shared with anyone without requiring any login. I feel it would be useful to be able to setup tester accounts where access can be controlled per project (and potentially per platform), a bit like you can with Testflight. I realise iOS builds can be pushed to Testflight to achieve this, but it doesn't help with the other platforms.

Also, it does have a revoke for the share, but it's not really clear which builds have already been shared or not: the only way to do this is clicking on each Share button in turn (which shares it if it is not already shared, or re-shares with a new lnk it if it was revoked).

Adrian

4. ZimM

ZimM

This. Also, I don't really want to send sharable links manually, it'd be much better if each tester had received a notification when the build is complete.

5. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

I agree to both suggestions.
    I'm not sure they would include such a feature in the free version, but having a cheap one ($5/month?) with just this extra feature would already be cool.

David-Berger likes this.
  6. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

This is my concern. Isn't it currently possible to randomly generate distro URLs and download any build you come across? Without any sort of control over who can/has downloaded your app outside of intrinsic iOS restrictions, UCB isn't a viable solution for beta distribution.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  7. AquaGhost

AquaGhost

Second this request. We are having a great experience with cloud build, but that missing piece is that we have to manually send out links. It would be great to either have 1) a link that always goes directly to "latest build" or 2) Ideally, the testflight approach, where you have Test level users/groups that can only download, and they are notified at your choosing per build. Right now the collaborator level is for the admin-level users.

8. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

Is there still no way to send an automatic mail to beta testers instead of just collaborators?