Search Unity

Test the penetration of a bullet

Discussion in 'Physics' started by NotGoodEnoughh, Aug 28, 2018.

1. NotGoodEnoughh

NotGoodEnoughh

Hi everyone. I've just sketched a variant of the penetration test. Do you like it? Will heavily load the system? I also wanted to ask you how you can calculate a bullet 7.62x39mm aluminum wall close to reality? That is to use real data, density, fluidity, etc.?

Sorry for the quality, not configured program.

Video:

2. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Interesting, I done armor penetration system for my game also but it's much simplified - raycast + calculate kinetic energy + calc angle, and test against armor thickness using 'armor maps' which is basically black-white texture- the same as hightmap, but for armor thickness.

3. NotGoodEnoughh

NotGoodEnoughh

Am I amazed you used the armor maps? If not a secret how you created these maps, as did the thick with them? And Yes, did you use RaycastAll?

4. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Ofc its not secret as its very simple and working solution. Friend of mine who is 3d artist prepares them like any other texture based on real world data. I use normal Raycast, but from both sides to support multiple penetrations from one bullet.

5. NotGoodEnoughh

NotGoodEnoughh

Can you ask him to briefly describe the process of creation, if it is not difficult?