Search Unity

Resolved Test Runner PlayMode tests folder? (2017.4)

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by Flavelius, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Flavelius

Flavelius

Hi,
    i recently discovered playmode tests and really like the idea.
    I just can't seem to find a way to correctly put them anywhere.
    When i place them inside an Editor folder they don't get listed in the playmode section but in the edit mode section, when i place them outside i can't build the player (UnityEngine.TestTools not found ? and NUnit being editor only).
    In the end i wrapped the whole file in #if EDITOR, but this doesn't feel like the correct way of doing it.
    Is there any other/right way to go about this?

2. Flavelius

Flavelius

3. Flavelius

Flavelius

4. Flavelius

Flavelius

5. Flavelius

Flavelius

After re-reading this i still couldn't get it to work. I prepared an example project, maybe you can tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    (It's 2017.4 btw, the link you gave was for the most recent version)

Attached Files:

6. gintautass

gintautass

QA Minion Unity Technologies

Hey,

I would imagine I am a little bit late on this, but in case someone else runs into this, you can solve by:
    This should not happen to projects by default unless you explicitly disabled the test runner :/

Open `Library/ProjectSettings.asset` with text editor. Find `playModeTestRunnerEnabled` flag inside it and set to '1'
    Then save the file.

Flavelius likes this.
  7. liortal

liortal

I thought that the play mode test runner could be enabled from the UI ? or was this option removed ?

8. ElvisAlistar

ElvisAlistar

Unity Technologies

It can be enabled from the UI. The workaround mentioned by @gintautass is for the case when someone intentionally disabled the Test Runner, which might not be the case here. Let's see if @Flavelius comes back with an answer.

9. Flavelius

Flavelius

Not sure what changed (i did not disable it manually, i recall not even having/seeing this option), but downloading what i attached to the last post again and running it with the latest 2017.4 version works without problems.