Search Unity

Test in apps on iOS

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by jGate99, Oct 4, 2021.

1. jGate99

jGate99

Hi there,

This is what i do and it doesnt seem to work.

I created a Sandbox Tester account with random email and password,
    i then installed the app, and signout from app store , so i can sign in with this sandbox test account

however, its not letting me login with not helpful errors like you cant login this time or couldnt sign in like error with no other info.
    another error is
    iTunes account creation not allowed.
    This apple id cant be used with the itunes store at this time, please try again later

Is this the way to test ios in app?
    Please advise

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I don't believe you need to sign out from your regular account from the app store on the iOS device (I never do). During the IAP purchase process, you'll get the Sandbox username/password prompt at that time. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPAppleConfiguration.html

jGate99 likes this.
  3. jGate99

jGate99

Thanks,
    So i defined inapps and i can see "Missing Metadata" and message on itunes connect that i need to submit a new build for review.

So question is, for testing do i need to get this inapps approved?
    Because when i run the xcode development build it "says no iap products defined" in initialization error.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, there should be no Missing Metadata messages at all. They all need to be fixed. The initialization error would be expected until then. You should consider using TestFlight if you're not already https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

jGate99 likes this.
  5. jGate99

jGate99

Ok i understand for submission requirements, but do i really need testflight (as it increase time for testing)
    i feel easier with a development build runniing on my iOS device with usb attached

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

IAP won't initialize until you properly submit your app and products (for security). Using TestFlight assures everything is done correctly. After that, I side load directly via USB. But at a minimum, you need to clear the Metadata warnings.

jGate99 likes this.
  7. jGate99

jGate99

Thanks and I wish every Unity Package team is as responsive as you
    Really appreciate

8. jGate99

jGate99

Hi @JeffDUnity3D

My in apps now show ready to submit but there is no button for submission, only way is to submit app for review (which is public app) and then it will release to public
    I dont want to release the app as its still in development, i also didnt see any option in Test Flight where i could submit in-apps for review.

Please advise how can someone get in-apps approved without releasing the app to public?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Ready to Submit is the proper status for testing. To be clear, in app products are not reviewed, only the app itself. Please follow the steps here https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPAppleConfiguration.html

jGate99 likes this.
  10. jGate99

jGate99

I did ready to submit but i still get No Products Defined error, i also updated bank/legal info.
    Now only way i have is to actually submit the app for approval with manual release date

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Just release to TestFlight. Yes, it needs to go through review, but don't publish to the App Store until you test.

jGate99 likes this.
  12. jGate99

jGate99

I did that, i also submitted for "External Testing" which is in review
    but there was nothing mentioned about in-apps

In that case ill wait and see what happens after external testing build approve

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, as mentioned, there is no review for your products, as long as the Metadata warnings are all cleared.