Search Unity

Question Test allocation failed - ensure you have a valid binary in build

Discussion in 'Game Server Hosting' started by Joshd1410, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Joshd1410

Joshd1410

I've begun learning multiplayer mechanics using Netcode recently. Today I decided to try and get my game hosted on a server using UGS. I've gone through the setup guide but when I get to creating a test allocation I get the following message:

"Test allocation failed.
    Please ensure you have used a valid binary in your Build, and that your Build Configuration has the correct usage settings and launch parameters."

I’m not sure why I get this error. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. ajdaniel_unity

ajdaniel_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello there. This message usually means your Build or Build Configuration are not correctly configured. There may be more details in our logging, if the Fleet has successfully started servers, then you can go to the Servers page, and click on a Server and then go to the Events or Log tab to find more details.

Just check that your Build files do actually run, with the command line parameters that are in the Launch Parameters field in the Build Configuration.

3. ajdaniel_unity

ajdaniel_unity

Unity Technologies

I took a quick look at your project and if you are talking about your ServerTestProject then I can see you are using an .exe in your build and build configuration - we currently do not support windows, only Linux. Can I suggest you re-compile your files for Linux and then try again?

4. Joshd1410

Joshd1410

Thanks. Done that and it worked.

Do you know when support for Windows is likely to be available?

5. Alexis_UGS

Alexis_UGS

Unity Technologies

Sometimes over next year, hopefully in the first half