Search Unity

Test ads work fine in the Unity editor, but no ads show when testing on iPhone. Normal?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ItsaMatt, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ItsaMatt

ItsaMatt

Hello! I'm not sure if this is an issue, but I'm setting up Unity Ad Services for a game I'm working on (from the services tab, not the asset store addon). When I test the game in the editor, I see the placeholder ads just fine (the screen that says "everything seems to be working"). When I build and deploy to my iPhone with Xcode, I don't see any ads. I don't get error messages (or anything in the build/debug log) either. Is this normal? I've tried with and without Test Mode enabled. It would be nice to be able to test ads on actual hardware before sending it off to the App Store. Any help would be appreciated!

Just to clarify, here's the code I have for showing an ad:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ShowAd() {
    2.         if (Advertisement.IsReady("video"))
    3.             Advertisement.Show("video");
    5.     }
    This works fine in the editor, but when I deploy it to my phone, nothing happens. No errors or anything, though Advertisement.IsReady() is always returning false. Am I missing something?

EDIT: using version 2018.1.0f2

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Which version of Unity?

/Rasmus

3. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

Maybe it's just still loading the video from the server.. Even using test mode, the video ads on device is an actual video, not like the editor version which is just an image...

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Which version of Unity are you using? :) We can try to reproduce here then

/Rasmus

5. ItsaMatt

ItsaMatt

I'm using version 2018.1.0f2!

6. ItsaMatt

ItsaMatt

Nevermind, it works now! Updated my package manager and now I'm seeing ads on my phone. Didn't see the sticky thread before.

rasmus-unity likes this.
  7. Paratrooper82

Paratrooper82

Did that completely fix the problem for you? I am having the same issue. Unity ad window will show within the editor when called during my respawn function, but when I put the game on my phone, it won't play any ads... :( I've been trying to figure this out for days.

8. Mastermindbrothers

Mastermindbrothers

i cant see test ads in my editor after the debug that says initialize true nothing else when i click my button nothing shows console empty

9. gabrielesimula

gabrielesimula

nobody? I'm having the same issue 2 years later

10. Sam2588

Sam2588

Hello , how did u update the package manager ?

11. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

12. HungryCatGames

HungryCatGames

To jump into this topic, I'm running into the same issue. In the editor and on the Android device, during testing it shows the grey box "This would be your banner". When I Build and Run deploying it to the device I never get anything. No ads, no place holder, etc. I've been through the Unity Developer steps at https://docs.unity.com/ads/UnityAdsHome.html repeatedly and everything seems to match up. I've got the game ID filled in. In the Test mode section for Google Play Store I have "Using test ads for all devices". Yet, still nothing.

I'm very close to a release version and am planning on ad only revenue so I need to a) get this working and b) know that it's going to be reliable before I can offer it. Currently running 4.3.0 and have tried it with "Enable Test Mode" in the project settings both on and off with no difference.

13. megatron0

megatron0

I have the same issue but I am using rewarded Ads.

14. cconoly

cconoly

I have the same problem. Double checked IDs, in test mode, in override test mode on dashboard, initializes fine, but get no fill error on devices. In unity everything works, but just on the devices get no fill.
    editor v 2021.3.4.f1
    ads package 4.3.0

15. MassiveHeadGames

MassiveHeadGames

Posting this here since it is a related issue. Full disclosure, my issue is still on-going, so no definitive help here, but maybe clues in my efforts that can help others later. I suspect this some kind of infrastructure issue that Unity Engineers are wrangling with. However, it escapes me why only certain accounts seem to be affected and not everyone.

Bug - " missing permission" or "NO_FILL" in Android test build - Unity Forum

16. Natey

Natey

Hi Unity team, just wanted to jump in and say that test ads were working perfectly for me yesterday in iOS and Android builds, but this morning, something happened and now im getting NO_FILL errors when trying to load rewarded test ads on ios. Remarkably, only test ads are getting the NO_FILL error. If I turn off test mode, rewarded ads show correctly on both devices.

17. de_CLAS_Softworks

de_CLAS_Softworks

Having the same issue. Ads show fine in the Editor (both iOS and Android platforms) and with the Android build, however building out to iOS will result in the 'no fill' error on the rewarded test ad.

Unity 2022.1.14f1
    Advertisement 4.1.0
    iOS 14 Advertising Support 1.0.0

I've emailed Unity with a support ticket.

18. de_CLAS_Softworks

de_CLAS_Softworks

I received an email back from Unity, apparently there is an issue if you initially set your ads to use Unity mediation and then switch it back to normal Unity ads. They are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix, however currently there is no eta on the fix.