Search Unity

Test ads on device

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by aero80, Feb 1, 2015.

1. aero80

aero80

I'm trying to integrate UnityAds to my game. As far as testmode everything works just fine on editor. But when I deploy it on my android device all i see is black/blueish gradient. There are no errors/warnings etc on logcat.

I saw that UnityAdsEditorPlaceholder is responsible to show test ads (which are simple images both for video and image ads) inside the editor. Is that also the case for device builds? Do i need to include those images in the build. Or am i missing something else?

2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello aero80,

In device tests , device fetchs the sample ads over internet. If editor shows test ads, so device must show ads too. There is a problem with device side I think.

Could you pls confirm that your test device has internet connection?

Regards,

3. aero80

aero80

Hi Salazar,

Yes device has internet access. But I will check again just in case.
    I really doubt it but if that is the case and device somehow doesnt get on internet then how come Advertisement.isReady(zone) returns true and it attempts to show an ad without the images and buttons to dismiss it. It shouldn't be initialized should it?
    The only thing i can think of is my game isn't published to prod on play store yet. I am not sure if it needs to be to get those test ads...

As far as the settings goes I changed default placement to show rewarded video ads on admin panel. And in code iam passing null for the zone parameter to use the default placement.

4. Salazar

Salazar

Hi,

Its not about publishing, you can test ad network even if your app is not published.
    And if there is no problem when showing test ads in editor , its mostly a device problem.

Regards,