Search Unity

Help Wanted Tessellation option in HDRP?

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by adamz, Apr 15, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

We have tessellation, you just need to use the shaders provided. You can't currently author your own shaders that use tessellation, afaik.

2. Subliminum

Subliminum

>We have tessellation
    >>You can't currently author your own shaders that use tessellation,

Is custom shadergraph authoring not what we are talking about?

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

There is a Lit Tessellation shader for HDRP, it's a standard HDRP shader, not a shader graph.

4. Subliminum

Subliminum

This thread is about using Tessellation with Shader Graph. Everyone knows about the inbuilt Shaders already...you cant access the Tessellation feature through ShaderGraph, HDRP is out of preview, so the HDRP tessellation features should be available to customize. This is why no 3rd Party Devs have made a HDRP Terrain shader which tessellates...not to mention the lack of a HDRP detail shader for Terrain either.

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

My reply was to this:
    Just wanted to point out that there is tessellation option, we just not have it on shader graphs yet (and I wouldn't really hold my breath while waiting for Unity to add it to SG). I guess the messaging could have been more clear from all sides here :)

If you are up for making custom shaders tho, you can just take Lit Tessellation shader and modify it for your own needs. Lit Tessellation is actually almost carbon copy of regular HD Lit shader, it mainly has few extra pragmas on each pass that uses this, it exposes the tessellation properties and one extra include.

Subliminum likes this.
  6. Subliminum

Subliminum

And precisely why it should be in the ShaderGraph haha, and for clarification by "at all". I meant "at all in ShaderGraph for HDRP". At the moment i am building everything except these kind of features in my Graphs with the hopes it will be released soon, otherwise i will be porting them manually into the LitTessellation/LitLayeredTessellation :(.

unityunity