Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

TerraWorld - Automatic Level Designer for Real-World Locations

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TerraUnity, Nov 27, 2019.

1. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

2. jason0663

jason0663

Hi, is it possible to use your own terrain with this program. Can I load my own terrain into it as I want to use world machine terrain

3. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Current version obtains data from ESRI & OSM geo-referenced servers but you can still use LIVE SYNC feature in WorldTools to change terrain heights and textures to your own whether created in World Machine or any other terrain generators: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ter...al-world-locations.784217/page-6#post-7028986

WorldTools is showcased in this video tutorial to get started:

So when you import your own heightmap using stock terrain tools on terrain, then LIVE SYNC feature in TW adopts all created layers in world with latest height changes and then you can also go ahead and change each generated layers' settings and placement as shwon in this video tutorial:

StevenPicard likes this.
  4. jason0663

jason0663

excellent thx

TerraUnity likes this.
  5. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

6. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Download and play with "Little Farm Interactive Demo" to see how you can interact with world elements and global settings like world style (switches between 3 world styles) day/night cycle, snow distribution, wind effect, volumetric fog and...

Download & Play here: https://terraunity.com/freedownload/Interactive_Little_Farm.zip

This interactive demo has 3 completely different world styles and uses free Assets available on AssetStore. You can use a gamepad or keyboard to interact with world elements.

More info: https://terraunity.com/community/topic/interactive-little-farm/

StevenPicard likes this.
  7. Shakkar

Shakkar

Hey, I had a quick question... I am looking for an asset to assist in creating infinite terrains, is this something that TerraWorld / TerraLand can do? I believe my main concern would be avoiding floating-point error when moving too far away from the 0,0,0 origin.

8. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Shakkar Both TerraWorld and TerraLand generate worlds based on real-world data and infinite here only applies to TerraLand's Streaming system where you can have your world in tiles loading in runtime:

But again, infinite procedural worlds is a different topic which these products won't support, however TerraWorld has this feature in its roadmap.

Regarding floating point error, we had a solution to cover this since TerraLand's Streaming system existed, for a brief overview of the implementation, refer to this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/ter...-open-world-environments.532304/#post-3504450

Rowlan likes this.
  9. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

10. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

VRoid With Unity + TerraWorld - Automated Level Designer

In this video I'm demonstrating the power of Unity with TerraWorld terrain generator and environment - Automated Level Designer to demonstrate how it is possible to create a world of very high quality I use the character created inside the VRoid and imported, if you want details of something just ask that I record a detailed video.

11. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

12. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Lost In The Woodlands By TerraWorld feat. PrOmid • Deep Relaxing & Meditation Music

StevenPicard likes this.
  13. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

14. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Create Detailed Environment For FPS Game In Unity By TerraWorld - Tutorial, Part 10 (Player Tab)

15. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Looks like most of your videos are gone. :(
    I never got to see them.

16. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

All videos are live and working! Where is the IP location of yours?

dsilverthorn likes this.
  17. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

There must have been a glitch on YouTube.
    Almost all of them said “live event is over” and was just a black screen.
    But today they are back. It looks like they had been set to a live event, which means they only are aired during the event, apparently.
    At least they are back to be viewed now.
    thanks for checking into it.
    now I can see the rest.

TerraUnity likes this.
  18. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Thanks for the confirmation and follow-up. Million dollar companies need holiday too :)

dsilverthorn likes this.
  19. Minzie

Minzie

is it possible to use Terraworld's grass/ detail rendering & GPU rendering (for tree & object spawning) with our own mesh terrain (not heightmap)? if yes, how would be the worfklow? I want to use complete mesh terrain & not only part of it (as shown in your picture attach)

20. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Yes, absolutely! Just follow the instructions in that post and experiment with it. TerraWorld does not care if your mesh surface is partly placed in the area or covers the whole scene! It can update and sync all layers' placement based on underlying surfaces such as your mesh terrain instead of the generated terrain.

The workflow however involves some manual steps since initially TW creates terrain object and then you need to bring in your own mesh terrain in scene and do the rest of modifications.

Your mesh should have MeshCollider enabled on it (you can disable it layer after placement though) with a certain Unity Layer on it for your logic and then from WorldTools component on TerraWorld gameobject in scene hierarchy, do the Layer Based Placement Filtering as shown in the images and finally press "FORCE UPDATE" button to sync all layers with latest scene changes.

Also you can do the same for each single layer if you want to have more placement customizations by going to each layer gameobject under TerraWorld gameobject and from its inspector do the placement filtering for that single layer as shown in this part of video tutorial:

unityunity