Search Unity

[60% OFF] TerraWorld 2021 - Automatic Level Designer for Real-World Locations

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TerraUnity, Nov 27, 2019.

1. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Captain-Cutwood well said, thanks for writing such informative statements, I was trying to explain the exact same behavior when you only use the original copyrighted content as a reference and then get creative with that base. If these copyright conditions were that restrictive, then we could not even use Unity engine because of thousands of potentially copyrighted content in it and Unity could not sell its engine commercially without giving royalties to any other companies.

Haha, I can't guarantee this one for sure...

2. jschwall

jschwall

Purchased yesterday, I have tried all day today to get this in my current project. It will not install correctly. I was able to ccreate a fresh project with nothing in it except terraworld and it worked then. In my project I want to use it in, i goto tools. terraunity. factory rest (only option)

.net 4.x
    unsafe code checked
    cinemachine and post processing packages up to date.

I am a novice when it comes to unity and my project was made from a coworker at another site. this is the project we use between sites. he has no time to mess with it.

3. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@jschwall

Installation Steps

Please note that all of the following steps will be done automatically after package importing. You can also
    force the auto installer to perform by going to menu "Tools => TerraUnity" and press "Factory Reset" so that
    it tries to resolve missing steps.

IMPORTANT NOTE: MacOS users >>> Please read the instructions in the "MacOS Users" folder to install
    TerraWorld on MacOS machines which needs to be done manually.

Following is the steps needed for TerraWorld installation if you need to do it manually

After package importing, go to Player tab in project settings:
    . Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.x
    . Change API Compatibility Level to .NET 4.x (Not needed in Unity 2019.x & later)
    . Enable “Allow Unsafe Code”
    . Change Color Space to Linear (Optional)
    . In "Scripting Define Symbols" text filed, add Pro_Version

Open up Package Manager from Unity's "Window" menu
    . Install Post Processing from Package Manager
    . Install CineMachine from Package Manager

Find all files with format "_db" under "TerraWorld" & "TerraWorld => Art Contents => Pro", change their format to "zip" and manually unzip them there from the explorer.

4. jschwall

jschwall

Yeah none of these steps will get it into my current project.

like i said. following all the steps you mention in the install notes, it will work in a fresh project

5. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@jschwall We have no idea where the problem is, how could we! Please elaborate on the issue and we try to help... Any errors in the console?

6. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Ok so.. World vs land? I have vegetation studio and tons of nature manufactures assets, also RAM and Aquas for rivers lakes and shores... I'd probably want to keep veg studio for the rendering.. I think the built in node editor is cool.. Not sure I'd need the streaming exactly, would probably just extend the terrain far out and snap a skybox of it and then just restrain the player to a small 2kmsq area... Thoughts?

7. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Right from the FAQ on our website: https://terraunity.com/faq/

Also take a look at the documentation for TerraWorld here: https://terraunity.com/onlinehelp/

All simply possible, you can use any 3rd party assets along with TerraWorld in your scenes. As TW's features come in a modular way so you can enable/disable certain features before or after world generation, for instance, place vegetation models in scene and let VS take over the rendering on them. Also TW creates terrains on top of Unity's built-in terrain system so compatibility is already there for the assets working with Unity terrains.

Streaming is not available in TerraWorld and it's en exclusive TerraLand feature, however we have plans to integrate an improved version of streaming in TerraWorld in future. But as you could guess, you can extend the world bounds as much as you want using "Background Mountains" and "Horizon Fog" features in TerraWorld.

Background Mountains:

8. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Ummmnnn ok you got me very curious about those background mountains... Are they mesh? What kinda poly? What kind of performance hit are we talking?

Right now I'm struggling to make an epic skybox. I made a nice mountain scene but then I got greedy. I want it lit, with time of day and cloud shadows.. Puffy volumetric clouds rolling off the distant ridges.. Trees up to the snowy peeks.

All beyond reach and just eye candy.

I'm playing with a neat asset called Skybox Creator which can actually record a seemless looped skybox video. Perfect! But... Somehow the resolution ain't right, it looks like a 480p YouTube vid... (great asset tho! I feel like I'm not doing it right)

But if I could just have enviro bounce some light and volume clouds off those mountains for little cost?!

This is for VR and im already pushing the limits.

I was thinking if I literally CREATED REAL locations, not fantasy ones, that might really appeal to my audience. Imagine s world map with pins where I mapped out a real world VISTA to explore...

9. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Also, how's the scale? I want to put my user somewhere and feel like they're THERE. Not a mini version. They'll be literally touching the roots on the ground seeing a mountain fill the view while trees tower above them. Could they find the spot the took a picture on vacation and now recreate that shot in here, and aside from the vegetation placement, have it look identical?

10. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Background Mountains are terrain objects rather than meshes by default but in low resolution to only cover far viewing distances with the lowest performance impact which you define the heightmap/resolution and covering area size for it yourself in the UI.

In addition, in the Biomes tab we have a node "TerraMesh Generator" which converts parts of or full terrain into mesh based on your settings, so you can use the output mesh for both Background Mountains or even the main terrain in the center.

Both Background Mountain and main terrain can use TerraFormer (TW's terrain shader) for rendering which supports Unity terrain's Instanced Drawing option for better performance while having the benefit of enabling modular features in the shader. Watch the following video tutorial to get started about TerraFormer:

All possible with TW scenes whether using included sky/fog/clouds/atmospheric FX elements or any other 3rd party assets to do the job for you and TW terrains or other elements has nothing to do with this combination in terms of performance.

All TW's features are in a modular fashion through a node-based graph along with global settings for VFX where can be enabled/disabled based on target platform or style. So everything is possible with the system to achieve with the right settings.

TW can merge both scenarios and by that I mean having real-world maps but with stylish and phantasy visuals, so the possibilities are endless if you want to get creative. The following videos shows real-world locations with the style you prefer:

11. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

World scale is also defined by user, we have restricted the Area Size for the main terrain to 32x32 km and Background Mountains can be set to be 10x bigger to cover far viewing distances and horizon level which means it can cover a 320km x 320km map.

So it really gives that sense of scale to viewers with little of artistic touches on top of already set elements such as fog and clouds for better depth immersion if needed.

All elements in TW are being created using landcover data, terrain analysis and procedural algorithms all controlled by seed numbers to output the same result every time you create that specific graph/settings so they will be identical to the viewers. Take these videos as an example:

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  12. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Have you thought to make a screenshot of a famous place and show what it looks like side by side?

d94k6n8dkna11.jpg

13. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@shawnepdmartin Did it before but not recently... maybe we'll showcase some locations later, plus you can always do it and share with us at anytime.

14. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

15. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

The possibility to create a world based on custom prefabs, as well as the spawner/biomes, are really really awesome and completely sold me. I am purchasing this to create my low poly world. Looks very neat and it could work pretty well in my case.

16. Captain-Cutwood

Captain-Cutwood

HDRP_Terraland_Base__Main Camera_2020-05-23-22-44-21_1680x945.png TerraLand 3 works excellently with HDRP as experiments this afternoon went very well. First I installed a scene with HDRP, allowed it's hierarchy setting to remain while removing the example package. Then I installed Terraland 3 on top of that.

From there I did a terrain download and added a flying drone with camera. ERSI seems to need some encouragement, but eventually I was able to download the satellite images ( finding that ERSI with Terraland 3 works well for me if I keep the terrain setting to 2x2 resulting in 4 chunks and 4 satellite images. This covered a 16Km square landscape.

Here's a screen shot - terrain without any "normal" applied, perhaps a bit dark, but I'm just getting started with HDRP experiments using Terra terrains. No rock or tree bioms added in this image during this experiment.

Mouse over image and click to see the full size capture. This is only a small corner portion of the full 16 KM area.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Don_Rico and Quast like this.
  17. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Thanks, so glad to hear this and I hope it becomes useful in your projects. You might like the one click Low-Poly conversion system in TerraWorld: https://twitter.com/TerraUnity/status/1260911819910234113

If you haven't already, join our Discord server to see more of this content: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE

18. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Captain-Cutwood Current version of TW does not support HDRP yet as explained in the first lines of description in the store:

But it's a high priority and being worked on, please find TerraWorld's milestone here: https://terraunity.com/milestone/

We have various channels for our roadmap, WIP, milestone... to notify users about latest updates at Discord here: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE

Captain-Cutwood likes this.
  19. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Yes, TerraLand is already SRP compatible as it does not include any shaders or graphics stuff and uses Unity's stock shaders.

ESRI servers seem to be a bit sensitive to network jitters and quality recently and needs some retries sometimes but that's something we could live in with.

BTW, nice drone in the shot, wondered how this scene could be using TW. In the meantime you can experiment with TW in Standard Pipeline and when you are familiarized with the system then move to HDRP by the time we support it.

Captain-Cutwood likes this.
  20. Captain-Cutwood

Captain-Cutwood

Thank You, I do appreciate how much work you devote to improving your products. And looking forward to when HDRP will be available. I certainly don't want to be critical. Thank you also for the links where we all can keep up to date on progress.

21. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Captain-Cutwood Thank you so much for the kind words and the energy you give us, it makes us go stronger and try harder for a better product. Hopefully all these milestones will be passed in a near future and TerraWorld becomes a very useful solution for level designing.

22. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

This video tutorial shows how you can use TerraWorld's editing tools to paint and erase models and set rules for their placement using scene brush:

23. desites

desites

Does TW works with HDRP? And external nature prefabs (terrain materials)? (i saw only speedtrees in tutorials)

24. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Currently not but it is planned as a high priority, see the roadmap here: https://terraunity.com/milestone/

SRP.JPG

The main goal in TerraWorld is to use your own custom assets (models, textures, shaders and materials, terrain layers, prefabs) to generate worlds with.

The trees are not SpeedTrees and you can feed any vegetation model or prop assets into TW graph nodes and start creating your world from there. Watch this video tutorial to see how it simply works:

25. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

Hi,
    I've installed TW in several versions of Unity (2019.3-2020.1) and get the following error:
    Note: deleting either of the mentioned files produces a slew of errors.

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    error CS1703: Multiple assemblies with equivalent identity have been imported: 'I:\Testing\Testing\Assets\Plugins\System.Drawing.dll' and 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.4.1f1\Editor\Data\NetStandard\compat\2.0.0\shims\netfx\System.Drawing.dll'. Remove one of the duplicate references.

26. jnbbender

jnbbender

So I'm going thru the pretty straight forward installation. I'm using 2019.3.7. After the process I look at the Tools menu and all I see is "Factory Reset". I figure, that's my only option, go for it. I get a blank white box in the middle of my screen and eventually it goes away. Still only have the "Tools => Factory Reset" option. So I figure, time to restart. When I restart the Terra World options are missing from the "Tools" menu option and now I'm stuck in the water.

Anyone see something similar of know how to fix it?

I'm also getting:

Assets\TerraWorld\Scenes\Pro\TerraWorld\Stylish Night\3DGamekitLite\Scripts\CharacterMoves.cs(48,38): error CS1061: 'PlayerController' does not contain a definition for 'maxForwardSpeed' and no accessible extension method 'maxForwardSpeed' accepting a first argument of type 'PlayerController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Does this asset need to be installed at the beginning of a project?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  27. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

[QUOTE="Don-Gray[/QUOTE]
    All fixed, thanks to following the included PDF.

28. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Don-Gray Glad you could sort it out. If it's a fresh empty project, the auto unpacker should work fine and no need to do any manual steps!

@jnbbender Yes, it needs to be imported in a new empty project firstly to avoid any conflicts with previously imported content in project which causes errors and stops the auto unpacker in TW to perform properly. So again, if it's a fresh empty project, the auto unpacker should work fine and no need to do any manual steps!

If you read through the ReadMe file in "_INSTALLATION STEPS" folder in project:

Installation Steps

Please note that all of the following steps will be done automatically after package importing. You can also
    force the auto installer to perform by going to menu "Tools => TerraUnity" and press "Factory Reset" so that
    it tries to resolve missing steps.

IMPORTANT NOTE: MacOS users >>> Please read the instructions in the "MacOS Users" folder to install
    TerraWorld on MacOS machines which needs to be done manually.

Following is the steps needed for TerraWorld installation if you need to do it manually

After package importing, go to Player tab in project settings:
    . Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.x
    . Change API Compatibility Level to .NET 4.x (Not needed in Unity 2019.x & later)
    . Enable “Allow Unsafe Code”
    . Change Color Space to Linear (Optional)
    . In "Scripting Define Symbols" text field, add TERRAWORLD_PRO

Open up Package Manager from Unity's "Window" menu
    . Install Post Processing from Package Manager
    . Install CineMachine from Package Manager

Find all files with format "_db" under "TerraWorld" & "TerraWorld => Art Contents => Pro", change their
    format to "zip" and manually unzip them there from the explorer.

Get back to us with the results.

Online Support through Discord: https://discord.gg/QgPpNpE
    Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHZjBewgCVWfFqGb8a0FrRrUz_X3HgRo_
    Showcase: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHZjBewgCVWeD9HqBmESf-wmlMXJpz4sl
    Milestone: https://terraunity.com/milestone/
    Quick Guide: http://terraunity.com/onlinehelp/
    FAQ: http://terraunity.com/faq/
    Products Comparison: https://terraunity.com/products-comparison/

29. Adrian20162016

Adrian20162016

I can find the locations but in version 9f ynity I am trying to configure the Monobleedingedge folder isnt there what do I do now

30. knobby67

knobby67

Hi I'm using a Linux development machine. I can see DX11 tessellation is important for this product. Does anyone know if it will work with Linux unity installs? Thanks.

31. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@Adrian20162016 Did you find the location of the config file in your case?

32. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Haven't tested on a Linux but features like DX11 Tessellation & especially GPU Instancing are some of the core features in the foundation.

DX11 Tessellation is supported on OpenGL 4.5 devices
    Source: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-ShaderCompileTargets.html

GPU Instancing is available on the following platforms and APIs:
    • DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 on Windows
    • OpenGL Core 4.1+/ES3.0+ on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS
      and Android
    • Metal on macOS and iOS
    • Vulkan on Windows, Linux and Android
    • PlayStation 4
      and Xbox One
    • WebGL
      (requires WebGL 2.0 API)
    Source: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/GPUInstancing.html

So both features are available if your machine supports latest OpenGL framework.

knobby67 likes this.
  33. knobby67

knobby67

Hi
    I've purchased and tried to run on linux ( with opengl beyond what is needed and it doesn't work). The issues is when I generate the world it gets to 22 seconds and locks up unity. Tried multiple times. It reports an error 'Shader error in 'Hidden/AtmosphericScattering_deferred': Duplicated System value Semantic definition; input semantic 'SV_POSITION' and input semantic 'VPOS' at line 64 on glcore'
    Can you fix this? if not is it possible to request a refund?

PS should add if you would like totest things on Linux so you can get it working I have no issues with testing for you

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  34. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@knobby67 The error you receive seems to be regarding the Atmospheric Scattering effect; in TerraWorld interface, go to the VFX tab, find the Atmospheric Scattering section and turn it off. As you are in a more limited platform mostly regarding the OpenGL core and GPU implementations, so it's best to check all modular sections in the VFX tab and turn them on/off and play with their settings to see if they work properly.

That's very kind of you and would be super helpful to others. Please let us know of other encountered issues/glitches and we try to find the source of issues for them.

And please note that any encountered issues and errors is not related to TerraWorld but the Unity engine itself whether to support that specific feature or not as Windows and Mac are pretty much similar but Linux is a more limited platform when it comes to graphics implementations.

35. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

36. knobby67

knobby67

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  37. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@knobby67 If you are stuck at 22% (not seconds), it means the data still not downloaded completely as you see it is displayed: "Fetching Raw Data From Servers" and it will finish on 29% by design. So one item to check is to go to the "Terrain" tab and turn off Background Terrain for testing and run the generator again to see if it goes further.

If the progress is below 29% so it is related to network factors (firewall, proxy/VPN, IP restrictions, blocked locations...) and you already know that you have to wait a bit until all the data is captured and the progress increases when steps are done.

The other warnings you showed in the shot is not related to TW functionalities at all and are Unity's GUI related and not an error or issue.

38. knobby67

knobby67

Hi turned off the background terrain and no difference locks up at 22%.
    I've tried turning turning everything off and still no luck.
    I'm running modern driver, OpenGL version string: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.138. With 4GB of graphics memory and 16GB of standard memory.

39. Don_Rico

Don_Rico

@knobby67 One way to see where it hangs is to go to the "SETTINGS" tab and turn on "DEBUG LOG" option so that all processes will be logged out into Unity's console window, which you can copy paste here and we'll see that last process where it locks up. Get back to me with the results.

knobby67 likes this.
  40. knobby67

knobby67

Hi Thanks for the advise, with debug it reports the exactly the same issue I reported above which TerraUnity say are not relevant?

https://ibb.co/fXxVY8F

41. Don_Rico

Don_Rico

@knobby67 The link to the image is the old one which TerraUnity explained about it properly:

The other 2 images are broken and can't be viewed, please read my post again and do what it says to print out each progress when hitting Generate button. The logs in the console will be displayed as white text when you enable "DEBUG LOG" option.

42. knobby67

knobby67

I did enable the debug. There's no white text in the console the only messages are the ones produced in the image linked below.
    The whole of unity is locked up, I cannot interact with it at all. I have to go into terminal and kill the unity process to exit unity.

https://ibb.co/fXxVY8F

43. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Oh Ok, seems like a critical issue on Linux, would you please send us a PM on Discord to follow up this case!

44. knobby67

knobby67

Hi I posted a PM on Discord ( I've never used this before so maybe issue ) I don't know your username but posted to Amir? As he seemed to work for you? I've received no answer. Might have done something wrong? Can you advise who I send message to? Thanks

45. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@knobby67 We already replied to you on Discord ;)

46. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Ver 2.0 has been released just a few hours ago featuring the new Grass System:

Changelog:

+ Biomes: Added "Grass Scatter" node to place dense vegetation suited for grass, flower and plant rendering
    + Templates: Added 3 new graph Templates of "Minecraft", "African Savanna" & "Moon"
    + Templates: Updated "Forest" & "GrassLands" templates with the new Grass Rendering System
    + Scenes: Updated demo scenes with new features in place
    + TerraFormer: Added "Procedural Puddles" feature on terrain surface
    + Scatter Layers: Updated Editing tools with more precise mask painting on layer parents in the hierarchy
    + Lighting: Increased lighting range in scenes for full HDR rednering
    + Art Assets: Added plenty of our in-house models/textures/materials to use in built-in templates and user graphs
    + Heightmap: Added "Voxelize Heightmap" processor to generate cubic heights on terrain inspired by Minecraft
    + Heightmap: Unlocked 4K resolution terrains which was previously capped at 2048
    + Heightmap: Added "Elevation Exaggeration" option in "Heightmap Source" node to increase/decrease terrain heights and adopt world elements based on that
    + VFX: Added custom "mesh" & "color" options in Clouds settings
    + Horizon Fog: Updated color blending on scene's horizon level and sync with Atmospheric Scattering effect
    + TerraFormer: Filter "Snow" & "Puddles" distribution under water areas on terrain surface
    + GPU Instance Scatter node: Added "Check Bounding Box" option to guarantee placement based on model bounds instead of pivot only checking
    + GPU Instance Scatter node: Added "Frustum Multiplier" option to increase/decrease camera frustum checking for offscreen items in the world
    + Sun: Better sun effects combined with crepuscular rays
    + Builds: Tested all TerraWorld features and working out of the box
    + Tested and fully compatible on latest Unity 2019.4 LTS version
    + Some bugs fixed​

47. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

First off, LOVE THIS ASSET . Easily above and beyond what I expected. That said, I'm having some trouble removing objects. It appears the remove option on the CPU gen doesn't do anything. I'm still protoyping so this is fine, but I'd love to fix this sooner than later.

On 2.0.

Take care

TerraUnity likes this.
  48. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@keithsoulasa Thank you so much for the kind words, glad to have you in our list.

You are correct, the Object Scatter nodes do not produce editing tools on their layers in the scene yet but it is planned, expect to have it in the next 2, 3 versions. Would love to see your progress and know your thoughts using TerraWorld.

49. NyeinZL

NyeinZL

I imported TerraWorld to new fresh project Built in Render Pipeline Unity 2019.4.4f1.
    And then I imported RAM 2019 and a lot of errors seen.
    Please help me.
    upload_2020-7-19_16-21-0.png

50. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

@NyeinZL First of all, thanks for the report.

The errors you encountered is based on duplicate scripts (based on Triangle.NET) in the project which both TerraWorld and RAM use for procedural mesh generation and has been already reported by our users.

So to resolve it, simply find one of the duplicate folders of Triangle.NET in project and remove it from the project so there are no code collisions and duplicated class names. Will update the codes on our side to avoid these issues when using 3rd party assets like RAM in future.

NyeinZL likes this.