Search Unity

TerraVision presents: A game on games

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by br0kenp0ly, May 11, 2009.

1. br0kenp0ly

br0kenp0ly

...and a little tribute to the fabulous Little Big Planet :)

Taken from our blog:

Over the last few weeks, we have refined a traditional PowerPoint presentation, which indeed covered all the topics we wanted to discuss at this and many other occassions, into nothing less than a 2D side-scrolling platform game. While significantly shorter in gameplaying length than any commercial side-scroller, this game really shows off both varying game mechanics and quite a bit of information. As can be seen in the run-through video below, some of the «bullet points» from the original presentation have been converted into gameplay objects, while other slides are still shown, albeit in a manner that combines the aesthetics of the game with the need for near fullscreen display of images and graphics.

Today we post a video and some screenshots from the game, but as it still really only makes total sense when being presented, we plan on making a slightly modified version publically available in the near future.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3XMcKR6JFA&feature=player_embedded

Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/4545423

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Looks great, but you have the mouse cursor in the middle of the screen which is a tad distracting ;)

3. br0kenp0ly

br0kenp0ly

Hehe.. Thanks man! I just noticed the mouse pointer myself now and I agree.. it is a bit distracting.. Gotta speak to the one responsible for that ;D

Look out for a public web-player soon!

4. Tempest

Tempest

That was great. To be honest though the second half of it was less entertaining, it was just a slide show of products, services, companies, etc, and I fast-forwarded through it.

The first half was great, very creative.

5. kaaJ

kaaJ

Yeah, looks really great... Love the DOF effect!

Grtz,
    kaaJ

6. br0kenp0ly

br0kenp0ly

Thanks for the kind words! Regarding the last "boring" part.. it`s just meant to be running in the background when one of us talk about our products and games. It could be shortened, I know that, but maybe in version 2 :)

7. sjovoll

sjovoll

It should be mentioned that it is possible to use an iPhone to control the player, through a network-connection with the pc/mac running the game. Not sure if this iPhone-app will go public, but it's there! :)

8. br0kenp0ly

br0kenp0ly

9. jaxas

jaxas

my favorite game style 8) looks awesome! and one thing you can fix,it's then lift goes up with character, camera don't follow player, it looks weird, that's all :)

10. MentalFish

MentalFish

Love it, as you said, it reminds me of the Little Big Planet presentation Sony did at E3. Is mr. robo there your mascot now then?

I have been thinking of using LBP to build up a presentation of my company as well, the only downer there is lack of portability and no iPhone/iPod as remote.

Once again, cool stuff 8)