Search Unity

[TerrainEngine] Voxel Terrain : Smooth,Cubic,2D,Hexagonal Infinite Procedural Terrain

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dyox, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

$3000 is a good price, for what you get. I bought TE more expensive before :(. I can't wait the final release of V11.

2. Fenris2

Fenris2

@killer. So Junglee was whom we purchased from. So they got the money for sure. And, that is exactly how many sales channels are supposed to work such as Amazon. You buy a book from Amazon and pay them, then the publisher / author gets a percentage of that sale from Amazon after the fact. If Amazon sends you half a book and stiffs the author? Then the author is in no way liable. However, he or she is in a ethical bind, especially if they endorsed the seller as Dyox did. So we get compromise were no one is happy, but perhaps most can hopefully live with it..

3. killer1171090

killer1171090

That does not change the fact that we did not receive what we paid for because of dyox's poor management. Dyox has the product in his hands, he can do what he wants with it, so he should give it to the people who paid and supported his asset. The people who lost money due to HIS mistake no one else's. I will only be responding to Dyox from now on, as he is the person im talking to no one else.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

@killer1171090
    He is willing to go of %50 from the price for the people. So he is giving the ones a hand. Why should he give %100 percent?

You do blame him and not only once!

He is, like you, the victim and he offered you %50. I think this is a fair deal.

Tethys and dyox like this.
  5. killer1171090

killer1171090

50% off of someone who paid the full price of HIS asset. Then he made a mistake which took all that money away from us and now we need to pay half price again for something we already own. And for all you know, we paid for the open source, meaning we don't get 50% off. Unless he changed his post open source does not get 50% off.

He owns the tool, it does not harm him in any way whatsoever to give just updates to those who paid and supported him.
    Yes, he may have spent many hours on this tool, but there is a thing called business, and when you make a mistake in business you resolve it. we want to see proof he actually got tricked himself, so far we only see his own word, which atm we don't trust since he changed his post and removed a fairly important piece. And he said Junglee was Chinese, but from all the research we got, they are Indian. I don't know who to trust.

And I shall say again, I never blamed him for whats happened, because I don't know who is at fault, but I do know dyox owns the tool, dyox made a mistake and dyox should resolve it.

It would also help if he was responding and resolving and not letting everyone else do it for him. We spent a lot of money, and where has that money gone? Dyox made a mistake and it takes him not even 10 seconds to resolve it, not only that, it would be good business to do so. We are not gonna pay twice for an asset because he made a mistake.

Think of it this way:
    If you purchased Unity Pro and they said "Oh im sorry, we made a mistake, pay again" would you do it?

And I still want my original question answered by dyox:
    If you purchased something expensive on the internet from some random stranger, and never got what you purchase, then they ask you to pay again and you might get it, would you do it?

6. dyox

dyox

I want to terminate the debate.
    It's a non sense for me to steal anyone. I'm working on TE since 3 years now and i've always respected my contracts.

I have nothing in relation with Junglee Team.
    The contract between them and me was :
    -They was allowed to sell TE and manage the community
    -They normally had to pay me a share of the revenue after each new update

The owner disappeared and never provided a support or honored anything on our contract.
    It was a company from Hong Kong as far as i know.

This post exists since 3 years. If you bought TE to them and not directly to me it was your choice (My email was available on this post and on youtube).

I've done my best for Junglee customers.
    The owner was an old client trusting me a lot for the future of TerrainEngine.
    I trusted him, everyone was ripped off.
    The price is now reduced, all contracts have changed and it is the new way of how TerrainEngine will be sold.
    Now i have the complete list of Junglee Customers, i provide a 50% price reduction (Non source/Source code)

I am a programmer not a businessman, and I set the prices what I believe to be the fairest.
    I remind you that we have no contract binding us.
    If you still have confidence in the future of TerrainEngine and on my ability to improve it, contact me by email and I will provide you a contract in my name.
    TE WIP : https://trello.com/b/KN6UKYhH

Thomas.

PS: Yes, when creating a game, you must be ready to have some frustrations. Buying something on asset store that is not what you expected, paying a team that doesn't provide the work you requested. So yes, i'm ready to pay 2,3,X times something i juge primordial for my game.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Tethys and MarkusGod like this.
  7. dyox

dyox

You do not have the same contract. We have a perpetual/non revocable contract, and you will receive updates and support as long as TE exists. :)
    I'm working with companies since years now, and i've always helped them to create their games and modify TE for their need.

Tethys and ikemen_blueD like this.
  8. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

bromance :D thanks man, I like to hear that. Now, TE just needs to be more tutorials, written documents to showcase the system features better. Any plan for the Planet support, which I save my "next game" for that. You should post the City Generator more. I image a combination of No Man Sky and GTA in future.

9. killer1171090

killer1171090

Thank you for getting back to us.
    Im sorry, but we don't have enough money left to make another purchase. So we likely won't be purchasing it again anytime soon, but it's possible we may in the future. Sorry for our aggression before, we were all very upset as we no longer have the money to complete the game we intended to make. We may email you in the future if we ever get the money we need.

10. gg9988

gg9988

After the 1st year, how much will cost the updates then?

dyox likes this.
  11. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Hi Dyox,

I am in interested in purchasing the closed source version and possibly upgrading at a later date.
    Is there a way to do this without waiting for the new site to be up and running?

dyox likes this.
  12. dyox

dyox

Hello yes. I will contact you this week after more tests of the beta with customers.

sean-bradbury and Tethys like this.
  13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Please contact me too. Thanks.

sean-bradbury and dyox like this.
  14. blacksun666

blacksun666

And me too please!

sean-bradbury and dyox like this.
  15. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Sounds good.

Cheers,
    Sean.

dyox likes this.
  16. dyox

dyox

Hello everyone.

Beta V11.01 has passed all tests and sales will start this week. Sorry for the delay.
    All systems are fully functional and already released on few public games.

A lot of improvement and changes was made (loadtime/memory/Realtime modification)
    I've also made 5/12 tutorials video that will be available on youtube this week.
    Here are some screens/video of Infinite-dust that will be to the GamesCon soon :

Desktop 08.07.2017 - 05.40.50.08.jpg Desktop 08.07.2017 - 05.39.00.07.jpg Desktop 08.07.2017 - 05.02.13.02.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  17. dyox

dyox

18. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Awesome!
    Cannot wait to get my hands on it and +1 on new tutorials.

Cheers,
    Sean.

19. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

I was on the junglee purchase group, what email should I contact you on to get a new license via you. Thanks

Phil

20. Frpmta

Frpmta

Hey @dyox are you going to make use of the new C# Jobs system?

21. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Hey @dyox , just curious as to when sales will be going live.

Cheers,
    Sean.

Fenris2 and blacksun666 like this.
  22. Fenris2

Fenris2

@dyox Any ETA and/or update?

sean-bradbury likes this.
  23. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

Also curious.

Started using Gaia for prototyping some game systems but don't want to spend too much time integrating with Gaia as I am not sure how much will be throw away code once I move to Terrain Engine.

Cheers,
    Sean.

24. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Gaia is using 2D Terrain while TE using 3D Voxel Terrain. So I guess you should not integrate Gaia with TE (unless you bake 3D Voxel Terrain to 2D Terrain). TE is more than just a terrain generation system. It comes with a complete solution for spawning massive amounts of trees, grasses, any object, etc. with multi-threads batches & multi-threads pools. Also, it has a multi-threads actions system that ensure to spread out jobs to keep a stable FPS. The only thing to keep in mind TE is complex. Thomas is the only developer of TE, so he focus on coding and bringing new features. So, right now, it lacks documents a bit. Btw, besides codes that try to mess with Terrain, other codes I'm sure you can use just fine.

Recently, I'm busy of coding my controller. I did not mess around with the latest versions of TE much. But, I can ensure you this is the fastest Voxel system with network support available. No other systems that using similar transvoxel technology come close to TE in terms of performance (I tried so many voxel systems before).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    dyox, jessejarvis and Tethys like this.
  25. Xype

Xype

That is all well and good, other than the fact that we can't get it, we have been begging for months. People can't hold off their terrain development but so long before they have to advance and integrate something else instead.

26. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

That sums up my situation perfectly.

I guess rereading my original post it could have possibly suggested I want to integrate GAIA with TE but that is not the case.

I am more than willing to wait for TE but a simple update as to it's status would be nice so I can plan accordingly and work on mechanics not related to terrain.

Cheers,
    Sean.

Tethys, blacksun666 and ikemen_blueD like this.
  27. Xype

Xype

I finally gave up. Map Magic, and Voxeland5 it is, just finished getting runtime navmesh to bake over voxeland i can dig at runtime and the navmesh updates i fall its awesome. Probably not as good but I don't feel like waiting till 2020 to start work.

28. Xype

Xype

At this point I don't think this guy actually develops it. Every 2 or so years he renames it, makes a new post, complains about the company that actually sold it for a while, teases everyone, goes into OTHER voxel threads and posts some screenshots, then goes woops instead of deleting his post, all the while with people watching the threads he slips in progress of a game he is working on. I have a feeling someone else is making this and he just makes videos some kind of marketing scam. I think after all this time it is about time Unity locks this thread and takes a real close look at his account.

blacksun666 likes this.
  29. dyox

dyox

I'm actually very busy and working with companies on few new systems.
    I'm also providing support/help to few games released on steam/consoles that take me a lot of time.

TE closed source release is delayed.
    Source code version is still available to everyone that contact me by email.

And no, i never changed my name since 7 years. I've never deleted my posts.
    And in any case I don't have to justify myself to your defamation.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Tethys likes this.
  30. Xype

Xype

I emailed you 3 times over the last year, so again, marketing scam.

31. Xype

Xype

Been posting in here about getting ripped of for thousands, even a post by him saying everyone ripped everyone off, in a manor that does not include himself. He does not respond to emails. He hasnt released any of the projects he has linked in his profile page. All he does is promise releases, rips people off, creates a marketing scam. It is quite interesting how every time I emailed him I spent a couple of weeks fighting spam emails.

32. HolyFireGames

HolyFireGames

I can vouch for dyox, my company has purchased the full source from him along with a lot of other people. Dyox focuses on his tech, not individual projects of his own. I know of several games leveraging his technology right now on Steam. Just because he doesn't respond to you doesn't mean he's a scam artist, there's plenty of other people who can vouch for him as well.

33. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Just took a look at Forsaken Legends. Damn man you rock lol.

What are you using for networking, if you don't mind me asking?

Tethys likes this.
  34. F3RULLO14

F3RULLO14

Hey @dyox

Is it possible to get a contract? I'm interested in the voxel/cubeworld style this engine provides. I attempted to work on my own but just took too much time and wasn't very well optimized. I have the capital according to some of the people posting '$3,000' for a contract.

Please let me know if its possible.

dyox and Tethys like this.
  35. Tethys

Tethys

Just wanted to chime in and say we have the newest version, V11, and there have been some great improvements. Better cave system, optimizations, quickest terrain generation, and one thing we really like - the new Tree Processor that uses GPU instancing. Bringing the update into Astral Terra, and after changing to the new tree system, we went from average 60 fps to 80+ fps with Caves, Trees, Details, Grass, Water and huge terrain. Thanks DYOX for your continued support and improvements! Now if we could only find a partner to work on our VR and other projects with us that would be awesome heh. ;)

ikemen_blueD, dyox and F3RULLO14 like this.
  36. F3RULLO14

F3RULLO14

@Tethys I sent him an email, how long do you think it will take for him to get back to me?

dyox likes this.
  37. dyox

dyox

@Tethys : Thank you :).

@F3RULLO14 : I've received you email. I will send you all info asap.

F3RULLO14 and Tethys like this.
  38. F3RULLO14

F3RULLO14

Awesome!

dyox likes this.
  39. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

@dyox Do you have ETA on the closed source version of V11 being available for sale?

Cheers,
    Sean.

dyox and jessejarvis like this.
  40. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I second this. Been waiting for the closed source as the Source is just too much, for now at least.

dyox likes this.
  41. recon0303

recon0303

I trust and believe Dyox 100%, issue is many of us bought Open Source before..from the person Dyox was working with...Which is why we bought it... we paid thousands, to get nothing basically in return, so the people who bought Open source got burned hard, so many of us we told, Dyox would help out. Those that did, we just need an update as it been months and money is gone..

Again I'm waiting patiently and have been.. @Xype is unprofessionally I lost thousands as well, and ONLY BOUGHT it as I seen DYOX and people like Tethy and other games on Steam, so that is why many trusted it....

So to the users from before this understand where we are coming from. I agree no one should be calling anyone a scam, or name calling.. But this has been awhile.. I been waiting patiently and I run a business.. for game development, which really hurt to lose that money...So again we are waiting to hear back from Dyox hopefully soon if he still plans to help out people who bought Open source.. still.. (I hope So)...

anyways keep up the great work, and guys I spent thousands to, so stop with the name calling, it don't get you any where.. Just saying. I don't believe Dyox is a scammer either.... I just hope he does help the people out, since we did buy it .. /Cheers.

PS: I would of never gave some guy thousands, if it wasn't for Dyox and the people I seen using it with Steam games. as I trust them....If it was just that one person I wouldn't of even bought the closed source lol.. I paid 4 Grand in US, and basically got nothing in return... Which is sad as we wanted to use TE as well..for our new Steam game..

I just hope Dyox is able to still help us out in some way.... Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  42. Ziron999

Ziron999

it says this can save/load terrain can you save states completely...say i mine down and then save/quit will it load the changed terrain?

I'm not worried about structures much because it's just another layer that would require custom saving/loading.
    However it would be pretty amazing if other things that are custom added/built during runtime are taken care of somehow

43. Tethys

Tethys

Terrain modifications are saved, you just have to call the SaveAll function to do it. I have this on a timer and then also added to a few functions so that when something happens its saved. Also, removing trees or other game objects on the processor also saves. Chop a tree down and when it despawns it is gone for good, the change is saved. He has also proved a kind of generic game object world placement tool that allows you to extend it so that you can set up a processor of WorldPlacedItems, then write the control for the player to place them on the terrain. Again, these items are saved, so for example, if you created a torch and put it on the processor, when a player places it in the world its there for good, saved when the save function is called. Hope that helps.

dyox likes this.
  44. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

@dyox Do you have ETA on the closed source version of V11 being available for sale?

Cheers,
    Sean.

dyox likes this.
  45. blacksun666

blacksun666

@dyox do you have another email address you can be contacted on? I've tried im on here, the email address at the start of the thread and the two slack channels but havent yet had a response to any form of contact. I've been trying for about 4 months on an off. We are interested in your terrain engine and need to discuss costs, features, requirements and open/closed source versions?

dyox likes this.
  46. F3RULLO14

F3RULLO14

@Tethys Do you have access to the engine? If so, I'm just getting a little concerned that he wont send me information regarding a contract for the engine.

dyox likes this.
  47. Ziron999

Ziron999

This is something i actually really want but the price tag is way out of my range. i don't know if I'll ever be able to afford something like this :(

You should offer some kinda royalty if something is released for us poor peeps. Just 1 good game you'd make a killing with us...

48. blacksun666

blacksun666

@Ziron999 where did you find out the price? I've yet to be able to get a reply from dyox to any form of communications, I must have done something really bad to him in a past life or something ;)

49. Ziron999

Ziron999

dyox likes this.
  50. killer1171090

killer1171090

proceduralvoxelterrain.com
    Is this the new website?

dyox likes this.