Search Unity

Terrain Water Erosion

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by orni137_, Feb 26, 2016.

1. orni137_

orni137_

TWE_Forum.jpg

The Terrain Water Erosion component is a filter performing a realistic water erosion for Unity Terrain.
    Terrains which we use to see in real life contain footprints of water erosion and our eyes can detect them automatically. So, we want to see the same footprints in games. But it is impossible for most of the artists to make such terrain manually because water erosion is a long integral process influencing the whole surface simultaneously. The only way to make a terrain with water erosion is to model this process.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/33792

If you have questions you can ask them here.

hippocoder and boysenberry like this.
  2. orni137_

orni137_

Here is the documentation about Terrain Water Erosion

Attached Files:

3. orni137_

orni137_

I promised to underline here that if you use a new flat Unity Terrain with TWE plugin it will remain flat because water doesn't flow on a flat surface. So, add some geometry to the terrain and enjoy.

theANMATOR2b and kfirmon like this.
  4. kfirmon

kfirmon

(I'm the dummy who didn't understand why nothing is changing... my terrain was flat :) )

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. orni137_

orni137_

6. boysenberry

boysenberry

Great looking tool. I hope to pick it up soon. Was wondering though, can you limit the effects to a certain area, like above vs below sea level, etc.?

7. orni137_

orni137_

Of course, I can limit the effect. It's realy easy. But I don't know what data I have to use for limitation. In some cases developers want splat maps in others cases they use additional maps or height field. So, I supply ALL the source code. The code is VERY short and clear. Just several dozens strings. Modify it the way you want and be happy.

boysenberry and kfirmon like this.
  8. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

Hello!

We were just discussing your asset and other tools that deal with water paths and erosion... mind you the videos I referenced were not available as tools for Unity. We were discussing how a tool might be very useful that could map a path for a waterfall during editor time and be used to maybe make a mesh or a path for a water asset to follow, Someone mentioned using a cloth simulation which was interesting... here is the post where I referenced a few videos of such effects.. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ga...nd-scene-creation.327342/page-98#post-2548911 but since you have a Unity asset that is doing erosion, I wonder if in your code is such an ability perhaps to create an asset to do such a waterfall/stream type thing?

There does appear to be a market and keen interest in it.. The name 'WaterFalls Pro' is still available i think :D

9. orni137_

orni137_

My asset just supply a simple and clear code for good looking hydraulic erosion. Everybody can take it and insert in his own tool for terrain editing. I didn't want to supply a ready tool but the algorithm itself. It contains just several dozens strings.
    If you need more powerful tools for terrain editing you can use for example World Machine. The best samples of terrain which I've seen were made by this tool. As far as I remember there is a free tial version of this tool.

BackwoodsGaming and ZenMicro like this.
  10. BettoSan

BettoSan

I want to buy the "Terrain Water Erosion", but first I have some doubts. If possible answer me.
    Is this package compatible with Unity 2017, v3?

11. orni137_

orni137_

Hi Norberto,
    I've checked it for 2017.3. It works right from the box without any warning.

12. carmeline

carmeline

nothing happens when i try to texture the terrain, even though i added the textures and selected them. I also selcted the Crag and Sediment exactly like shown in the video

Attached Files:

13. orni137_

orni137_

Hi carmeline,

In accordance with screenshot you use “Erosion Brush”. I have an asset for erosion called "Terrain Water Erosion".
    How to texture a terrain in “Erosion Brush”? It's better to ask the author of this asset.

14. orni137_

orni137_

Version 3.0 is released. It uses Burst, Jobs, Mathematics and Entities. It works more then 50 times faster. It can add sediment texture to terrain. I made it on Unity version 2018.4.
    I used this plugin to create this landscape:

upload_2020-4-17_10-50-14.png

Freznosis likes this.
  15. orni137_

orni137_

Here is the documentation.

Attached Files:

16. vladalejnikov

vladalejnikov

Hi! Nice plugin, but I have an issue. Maybe I lost any step, please, help me. It appears in the end of the erosion process upload_2020-9-1_15-19-9.png

17. orni137_

orni137_

Hi vladalejnikov,
    You want the asset to set some textures on the terrain. So add some textures to the terrain and set indexes for them. Asset detected that indexes are grater then the number of textures on the terrain.

18. vladalejnikov

vladalejnikov

Thank you. It's not clear for a begginer like me...

19. vladalejnikov

vladalejnikov

Excuse me, one more stupid question. The original scene generates this splat map out of terrain. How can I get it for my terrain?
    upload_2020-9-1_16-41-41.png

20. orni137_

orni137_

When you apply splat-map to the terrain each color in the splat-map becomes an appropriate texture on the terrain.

21. orni137_

orni137_

22. gecko

gecko

I purchased this recently..but I guess it doesn't support multi-tile terrains?

23. orni137_

orni137_

Yes. You are right. It doesn't support multi-tile terrains. I made special modifications to support it for one of my projects.

24. darkmage0

darkmage0

Hello, I just purchased this asset. When I install it I keep receiving an error :

" Assembly 'Unity.Properties.Codegen' is a CodeGen assembly and cannot be Auto Referenced (Packages/com.unity.properties/Unity.Properties.Codegen/Unity.Properties.Codegen.asmdef)"

This is with fresh clean projects, using Standard Pipeline Unity 2019, 2020, 2021 with Jobs, Burst, Entities, and Mathematics installed. All three projects that I installed this addon into would only open in safemode after install. Any help would be appreciated. Please and thank you!

25. patchworkx

patchworkx

" Assembly 'Unity.Properties.Codegen' is a CodeGen assembly and cannot be Auto Referenced (Packages/com.unity.properties/Unity.Properties.Codegen/Unity.Properties.Codegen.asmdef)"

was waitin if something change with new unity versions..-- that error stays -- ruins complete projects... dangerous to import without backup..

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1736919/codegen-bug.html
    never been solved so far

or ?