Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrain Upgrade 2018.2 Missing

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Mxill, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mxill

Mxill

I watched the Unity 2018 Roadmap video and noticed that the new terrain system will be available in 2018.2.

I assume its not ready for beta 1 but the HDRP doesn't support the old terrain system so what are we suppose to do? put our product on the shelf until Unity makes a shader for the old system? does 2018.2 already have the new terrain system? if not, can we get a rough idea how long until we get some love for HDRP and terrains?

Thanks

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You are supposed to use the public releases of Unity including builtin or lightweight, both of which support terrain.

HD is experimental/preview and very much in development. You shouldn't be using it for production unless you are ok for a bumpy ride. I'll lock this because asking when/if/what is beyond the scope of the rules of beta forum (use roadmap), which is only to provide feedback on current beta features. Things get shifted around all the time and your only indication will be to keep an eye on the roadmap.

https://unity3d.com/unity/roadmap

(Yes there's a .2 entry there, and it is being updated).

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.