Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Terrain trees and details aren't always drawn

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Rowlan, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

HDRP Terrain trees and details aren't always drawn, sometimes there's tearing of the trees, sometimes you can see through. Also I'm not sure if this is a HDRP or 2021.2 Alpha issue ... see grey trees in the background and the obvious problem to the left.

td.jpg

PutridEx likes this.
  2. XiaoxiLiu

XiaoxiLiu

Unity Technologies

Hey!
    Do you see this same issue in Play mode? Does it make a difference in scene view if you select the tree material in the Project window?

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yes

You mean where you have to expand the material in the inspector and Unity automatically fixes all missing shader parts because of an upgrade? I just did that, now it seems to work. So I guess something changed with material compatibility that got auto-corrected.

By the way, is there some script that touches all materials and fixes the missing shader parts? This issue has become really annoying and it's been there for years now.

An additional note if it helps: The trees are LODded.

Anyway, it works now, thanks for the hint! :)

4. XiaoxiLiu

XiaoxiLiu

Unity Technologies

Great! Glad that fixed it. :)

I *think you were seeing an issue in 21.2alpha with HDRP, which will soon be fixed. However, I'm not sure if this is the issue you mentioned have been existing for a longer time. I'm not aware of a script off hand to update all materials, however, the Material Upgrader for render pipelines might worth checking out. It goes through materials in the project and assign the correct default shader when you switch render pipelines.

Rowlan likes this.