Search Unity

Bug "Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack" not working properly in Unity 2020.3.1f1 LTS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dark_vulcan, Mar 28, 2021.

1. dark_vulcan

dark_vulcan

Hi,

I download the Terrain tools via package manage and loaded in Unity 2020 LTS.
    I can see the new brushes in the tab but cant find the different painting tools like Thermal effects, Smudge, Twist etc.

PFA the screenshot

2. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Wonderful, I was hoping this was just a 2021 problem so was just installing the 2020 LTS. Notice the brush options are missing for rotate, Jitter, etc. as well, and there's no Terrain Toolbox window available under Windows.

3. symvial

symvial

I have this same issue - 2020.3.1f1. This is incredibly frustrating because this is supposed to be LTS. I've tried Enable Preview Packages then restarting Unity and it's no help. Package Manager says Terrain Tools version 1.0 even though my project was created on 2019 versions using the Terrain Tools 3. I can't even add packages by name and when I try to re-import the Terrain Tools it tells me they're already installed.

4. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Turns out you have to add it manually. In Package Manager click the Add button and choose Add By Name. Enter:

com.unity.terrain-tools

It'll add it to your package manager and project. There are several packages like that. Even when enabling Preview Packages they don't show up in the package manager and you just have to add them by name.

shengen74 and Manunub like this.
  5. dark_vulcan

dark_vulcan

Awesome mate! All the functions are back...Yeeeeeee
    Thank you very much

Dustin-Horne and Manunub like this.