Search Unity

Terrain Tools now in the Asset Store, with exclusive extras

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tom163, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Tom163

Tom163

I've moved my Terrain Tools into the Asset Store, where you can now find the latest version:
    http://u3d.as/content/lemuria/tom-s-terrain-tools/1Dg

This is also the next minor release of the tools, adding 20 fully-featured terrains set up with trees, grass and everything else, you could just drag those into the scene view and have a landscape ready to test your game with. Or replace the textures, trees, etc. with your own and have a landscape ready for your game in minutes. Or you can use it as learning examples for TTT and AutoMagic as all the source files (heightmaps, splatmaps, treemaps, and so on) are included.

Then I have added another script I call CraterMaker. This will put a crater into your terrain at runtime, with definable radius and depth. This includes both changing the terrain height and applying a texture you name to the crater location for that "blast" effect, all nicely smoothed into the existing landscape. There's another example script included that uses it for an on-collision effect, you could attach this to a bomb or missile, for example.
    Caveat: As Unity recalculates the terrain mesh collider when the terrain is changed, this script is not very suitable for realtime application. In my tests, framerates drop from about 50 to about 8 for 1-2 frames. This is a problem with the terrain engine, not the script. I will update the script if I find a workaround.

You can find documentation and more details on my TTT website:
    http://lemuria.org/projects/wiki/TerrainTools2

Attached Files:

2. Tom163

Tom163

a screenshot of a few craters:

Attached Files:

3. afalk

afalk

Great to see new additions, but da*n it, now i am kicking myself since I purchased TT2 only weeks ago. Will those of us who purchased TT2 directly have any access to updates now that you've moved the project into the asset store?

4. Tom163

Tom163

@afalk: I'm still working on that. I don't think there's a direct upgrade option, but I'll not leave you in the dust.

5. afalk

afalk

Got your upgrade email this morning, thanks so much for that! Good luck with finding an in-store method!