Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrain Terrain Tools 3.0.2-preview.3 release is now available!

Discussion in 'World Building' started by wyattt_, Nov 11, 2020.

1. EagleG

EagleG

I asked in the comment section of the video he said it will be implemented in the engine but I don't know whether it will be available for us to use ... I think it will be available on GitHub later just like auto LOD

2. Gokcan

Gokcan

@wyattt_
    Hi
    Terrain tools package was going really well. Finally, terrain started to improve after long time. However, although I am waiting for a long time for new tools, I cant see any improvement anymore....

Is it about new big update is coming???

EagleG likes this.
  3. Tesrym

Tesrym

Import heightmaps is nice. I would like splatmaps added to that feature.
    If I got a 4x4 terrain with 4 splatmaps each... It's gonna need a full cup of coffee.

EagleG likes this.
  4. Tesrym

Tesrym

When importing heightmap tiles I get these lines on every terrain along the east/positive X and north/positive Z.
    upload_2021-8-29_11-42-58.png
    upload_2021-8-29_11-58-58.png
    The tool gets an F here.

5. aubergine

aubergine

* Erosion functions are useless, try to do it like bryce3d does.
    * There are options to copy over terrain layers, but there are none to copy over trees and details.

6. rwana

rwana

Where can i manually download this since preview packages no longer show up in unity 2021?

7. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

You have to enable Pre-release/ Release Candidate content in File > Project Settings> Package manager

Attached Files:

8. rwana

rwana

Yes, i know about that, but that only works in unity 2020 versions. The package manager in the 2021 versions wil not show preview packages. A unity blog post says that you have to manually download and install preview packages if you are using 2021 versions of unity

9. rwana

rwana

found a solution
    installed the package with a 2020 ver. found it on disk in the project/library/packagecache folder, and was able to manually install it from disc via the package manager (select the package.json from inside the package folder)

10. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

hrmm I'm not entirely sure where your issue lies in that case.
    i'm glad you found a workaround though.

For anyone else, the steps are below in 2021.2
    If you don't have this, I recommend reporting a bug for your editor version.

Attached Files:

11. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

this looks like the resolution +1 for the tiling.
    if you're using an external tool to generate the tiled height maps. id ensure you resample the output to the correct resolution.

unity uses resolution +1

so 512x512 is 513x513

tools like World Machine, Houdini, World Creator and GAEA all have this for export

12. Tesrym

Tesrym

But I am not allowed to.
    upload_2021-9-2_23-22-48.png

13. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Ah I see.

So it's possible that unity is treating the +1 to add a pixel to the terrain (it should be a cell calculation)

Are you able to export a height single non-split terrain @16x16units 512resolution (height doesn't matter height just keep it flat.

And then the same again but tile it 4X4

You should be able to physically see if the split has in fact added the 1 pixel boarder to the terrain

And another

unityunity