Search Unity

Terrain to plant flowers automatically

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mina_francesca, Mar 31, 2020.

1. mina_francesca

mina_francesca

It is hard to read with Google Translate. sorry.
    I want Terrain to plant flowers automatically.
    There is already a script to plant the specified grass on the specified texture, but the disadvantage of this script is that it has no randomness.
    The result I want is to plant a weed first on a given texture, and then randomly plant more flowers on it.
    Sometimes a gap. For luxury, it's perfect to have flowers that bloom near certain objects.
    It's okay if not all, but is there a good way to do this? please tell me.

Unfortunately, I can't use VegetationStudio.
    VRChat does not support VegetationStudio.
    You must act within the standard Terrain category provided by Unity.
    (Or is it possible to convert flowers created with VegetationStudio to standard Terrain flowers?)

2. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

As a general rule, if you need to do something custom, you probably won't be able to use a standard built in solution like the terrain. You would need to rely on 3rd party assets and/or your own custom coding.

3. mina_francesca

mina_francesca

Thanks for your advice! You can use any third party assets and tools during the production process. The condition is that it must be in the standard Terrain format of Unity when it is finally built.

4. Stardog

Stardog

I haven't used Vegetation Studio, but Map Magic will work, because once you have generated the terain, you can delete it and the grass will still be there.

Try the public beta of MM2.

Put a Noise node, then plug it into Grass output node.

The rest you will have to do with the other generators, such as use a texture as a mask, so only certain grass will show there.

5. mina_francesca

mina_francesca

Nice!
    I knew MapMagic existed, but couldn't figure out how to remove Terrain and leave the grass.
    VRChat currently requires the use of Unity2018.
    Buy MapMagic and try it out!
    Can grass and flowers be vegetated unnaturally on already raised and textured terrain?
    Looks fun!