Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrain Roadmap

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Mohamed-Anis, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Mohamed-Anis

Mohamed-Anis

2. Menyus777

Menyus777

Im also intrested about this, i know that we gonna have some nice features in 2018.3, but i also failed to find further details about unitys plans, however i read somewhere that in the next 2 years they goinna implement some bigger additions, and people were guessing that maybe they gonna implement a voxel terrian engine or support holes in terrains finally.

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Afaik, they never put specific terrain updates to that roadmap. Last info was given at Unite Berlin at this timestamp:

Most of the changes seemed to make into it but I couldn't make the 2018.3.0b1 or b2 terrain to rotate, so I'm guessing some work is still left to do.

Unite LA is in one month and they have updated roadmap talk at the end of the first day (Oct 23):
    source: https://unite.unity.com/2018/los-angeles#unify-schedule. This talk is the place where they most likely reveal their future plans for upcoming things if anywhere.

You also probably know this but this is from 2018.3 beta release notes (these are already in the current betas):
    EDIT: Latest timestamped Unite LA 2018 Roadmap here:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018