Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrain projector problem black duplicate

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by RamiT, Jun 28, 2018.

1. RamiT

RamiT

Hi,

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? when I am using projector that uses shader graph, it creates black duplicate of terrain for some unknown reason.

I am using Unity Lightweight Render Pipeline Low Quality

Attached Files:

2. dreckig-tier

dreckig-tier

Hello,
    I'm looking for a way how to create projector with shadergraph but haven't found any solutions for now, could you please share knowledge or at least point a direction where to dig.
    I tried to use existing projector component and pass _Projector and _ProjectorClip (or new unity_Projector[Clip]) matrices into shadergraph but looks like with LWRP those global variables has been changed/removed and i can't get proper matrices.
    If i will have at least something to work with then we could find solution faster.

3. RamiT

RamiT

Sure, I could share some of my project files if you need them. I gave up with shader graphs I don't use shader graphs before it's fixed, but really do like using it since it's so easy to create good looking shaders easily.

Projector examples with shader graphs:
    Gif Caustics - https://i.gyazo.com/012aacdccf3c6600151661019f01489e.mp4
    Gif Dissolve - https://i.gyazo.com/aae0a03fbefad43eeebb8c48369acd42.mp4

1. Create projector or edit BlobLightProjector that comes in standard assets.
    2. Change Shader to shaderGraph shader.

Attached Files:

dreckig-tier likes this.
  4. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Projectors are not supported in SRP, neither LWRP or HDRP, they work by accident in the editor but will not work correctly in builds, we are looking into a replacement as the idea of rendering everything again for each projector something touches is not ideal.

brainwipe, dreckig-tier and RamiT like this.
  5. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Is there an alternative technique to use to project a sprite like a crosshair or circle on an uneven terrain? I’d like to use LWRP, Shader graph and possibly the Visual graph when LWRP has support for this, but I need projector or something similar..

6. zwcloud

zwcloud

Have you discovered a replacement?

7. nttLIVE

nttLIVE

zwcloud likes this.