Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrain Invisible in HDRP

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by WhatsThatFunction, Apr 28, 2018.

1. WhatsThatFunction

WhatsThatFunction

Hi,

When creating a Terrain object using an HDRP project, it's always invisible. I'm guessing this is because of no HDRP terrain shader available yet. Is this going to be fixed for the final release build of 2018.1? I don't see it on the "Known Issues" list.

I've tried this on both 2018.1.0b13, 2018.1.0f1, & 2018.2.0b2.

2. antoripa

antoripa

At best of my knowledge. currently, SRP HD does not support Unity terrain. Only the LW supports.
    But with HD you can use mesh with the LIT Shaders, and there is one really nice with 3 materials blending by vertices color.

3. Nerzal

Nerzal

It would be nice to get a warning, when selecting that Render Pipeline :D .. i tried to get my Terrain rendered being totally confused for 30 mins till i found this thread ^^

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

That's right - currently there is no support in HD but it won't stay like that.

There's going to be a lot of work coming from Unity based on terrain in 2018, so I would not be surprised to see a HD shader for terrain developed around this time (either official or unofficial) :)