Search Unity

terrain inspector

Discussion in 'World Building' started by larsbertram1, Mar 5, 2019.

1. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi terrain team,

if i close all foldouts in the terrain inspector like "Basic Terrain", "Tree & Detail Objects", then enter playmode and leave playmode all foldouts are folded out again...
    this is not what i would expect and pretty annoying and i would say: this is a bug.

why are the labels of the foldoutscropped?
    and why does "lightmaps" stand out the way it does? this does not make any sense.

terrain_inspector.PNG

(tested in unity 2018.3.7f1)

2. wyattt_

wyattt_

Unity Technologies

Hey! Gonna list my responses to your questions/concerns:

1. You're right. This should not be the behavior. The states for the dropdowns probably aren't serialized. I'm pretty we are not making use of any of the benefits of SerializedProperty and it's expanded states. There are some code changes we are trying to push that do change how much of the data in that UI is serialized and I will double check that foldout states are covered by those changes.
    2. The foldouts might be cropped because they extend beyond the reserved rect for the IMGUI label. If you resize the Inspector window (by expanding the width) does less of each label get clipped?
    3. When a label or UI element is highlighted in blue, that's usually because it was the last focused/interacted element, probably due to being clicked. If you were to click the text for "Lightmap Static", that should be blue instead of the text for the Lightmaps foldout

3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

thanks for you response!
    so it should be fixed i think.
    yes, but usually i work in the "2 by 3" layout, so the inspector is placed in a rather narrow column. they get clipped in the "default", the "4 split", "tall" and "wide" layout as well on my laptop (1080P).
    oh, i did not mean the blue tint. what i meant is the fact, that "lightmaps" is outdented. it does not belong to the other foldouts visually and looks a bit buggy.