Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Terrain Holes don't work in Build with installed Shader Graph on Built in Render Pipeline

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by bzuckerer, Jul 19, 2022.

1. bzuckerer

bzuckerer

Hi,
    just created an issue for this problem: Terrain Holes don't work in Build with installed Shader Graph on Built In Render Pipeline - Unity Bug Reporting Portal - Jira Service Management (atlassian.net)

1. What happened
    Terrain Holes are only rendered in Editor, but not in Buid.

2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached

• Create a new 3D(Core) Project.

• Create a Terrain object

• Use the Terrain tool to make some holes in the terrain
      --> Build the game and observe the holes are being rendered
    • Install Shader Graph from Package Manager
      --> Build the game and observer the holes are not rendered anymore
    This problem can be replicated and was tested in 2021.3.6f1 and 2022.1.9f1

This problem has been adressed for URP and HDRP with the flag "Enable Terrain Holes". When installing the URP Asset and converting Materials and building with the flag active, the holes are rendered as intended. However we want to remain on the Built In Render Pipeline for various reasons.

Please also implement the "Terrain Holes" Option for the Built In Render Pipeline, as they are currently stripped out during the build process.
    ----------------------
    Has anybody else run into this problem yet?

mpeighaminasab likes this.
  2. Theo-The-Person

Theo-The-Person

I have and havent found a solution except adding this line at the top of the shader "
    [HideInInspector] _TerrainHolesTexture (\"Holes Map (RGB)\", 2D) = \"white\" {}
    " but I don't know how to add it can sombody help. I am making a terrain shader in shader graph and holes do not work.

3. Eloujah

Eloujah

Hi!
    I'm having the exact same issue with the holes being rendered after installing Shader Graph, even though I'm using MicroSplat to render the terrain, with the Built-in Render Pipeline.

4. Balinor

Balinor

Fixed in 2021.3.32f1
    Not the actual bug, but Shadergraph seems to handle terrain holes differently for all render pipelines now. Whatever the change was, it’s now working again! Hurray!