Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback terrain HDRP layers

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, May 29, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

upload_2020-5-29_14-1-40.png
    click on open and get that
    upload_2020-5-29_14-2-16.png

it is not optimal that specular, metallic and smoothness are not in the terrain tab itself
    also not optimal that the UI gizmo representing remapping are different

Attached Files:

transat likes this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I've looked at your screenshot a dozen times by now and can't figure out what you mean. Can you explain, for a Terrain/HDRP noob like me, what the problem is? I don't see it.

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Since a few releases ago terrain works with layer assets, kinda like a PBR material lite, HDRP added a few more settings but their appearance is not consistent between interfaces and some are even missing.
    The top photo is the terrain interface, it's super devoid of regions (uncool), from the word New Layer terrain 2 down to the Offset before the word Brushes is the region of the selected layer asset
    The photo at the bottom is that layer selected in the inspector

Good segway on the new design: it's hella confusing due to the lack of delineation between regions, here: layer asset and the brush blend together. It took me a while to figure out the new workflow.
    So add a line, color the region differently, anything, my eyes are bleeding each time I use the new Unity.
    And it would be great if Unity didn't turn into a student's exercise in flat design. Some people on this forum have great ideas, poll everyone and pool their resources.

Peter77 and transat like this.
  4. valarnur

valarnur

Does HDRP 8 have grass system with terrain ?

N1warhead likes this.