Search Unity

terrain detail textures cull too early on idevice.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Jethro, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Jethro

Jethro

I have a project for IOS with small terrains and grass details on them. In the editor the detail grass shows up fine.
    On the IPAD 2 or IPOD Touch the detail Grass only appears very close to the camera like 1-2 metres away.
    The IPad is running at about 30FPS and the iPod about 25.

I'm pretty sure this was working before I upgraded to 3.4.2
    So I downgraded back to 3.4.1, but it still doesn't work.

I've read other posts about this, but none of the things suggested in those posts have helped.
    ie. texture must be compressed, only one grass texture pixel error 1 etc.
    I even created a new scene with a new default sized terrain and one grass detail, from standard terrain pack, and it still doesn't work.

I've also recently added a skybox but have since removed to see if this was culprit, but its still broken.

OK, I just started a complete new project, added the standard assets for iPhone and standard terrain pack, built default terrain with one grass detail texture added, and it still doesn't work??
    ie. any grass that is not right in front of the camera is totally gone. I only put 5 clumps in at varying distances, all show up in editor fine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. Jethro

Jethro

BUMP
    Could someone please tell me if this is supposed to work on iOS, nothing in the Doco Says it shouldn't, but I Can't get it to work.