Search Unity

Terrain Detail Mesh - Size Limit?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jeffcraighead, Nov 29, 2007.

1. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

OK, just ran into something interesting. I've created a bush in Cheetah that is roughly 2 meters tall. When I place it manually by dragging the mesh in to the scene it appears at the correct size. However when I use it as a detail mesh, no matter how large I make the mesh in Cheetah, it does not get placed larger than roughly 1 meter tall. See the screenshot, original mesh on left, using as detail mesh on right. Is this intentional, a bug?

Attached Files:

2. besuser

besuser

if you select the detail mesh and go to the edit options for it, there is a setting for random width and height. These values are set to 1 by default and I believe that it means your detail mesh will be 1 meter by 1 meter by default, unless you change the values. If you want it at 2 meters, change those values to 2.

3. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

I had actually done that and it wasn't behaving as expected (I had already set it to 2x2). However this morning I open Unity and bam! now the plants are the correct size. So I'm not sure what restarting Unity did that wasn't happening using the Refresh Detail command, but everything seems OK now.

Thanks!